I have the best dog ever

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I ran out of toilet paper and in the process of getting a new roll out from under the sink, I dropped it and it rolled to the door out of my reach. For obvious reasons I couldn't just go get it, so I sort of pointed and asked Virgo to bring it here, not really expecting her to since it's not something we've worked that much on.

BUTSHE DID IT and didn't slobber on it either!!!

Oh, was I happy, happy person...

:D

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
ROFL! Lassie, beat that!

*scene from black-and-white tv*

"Lassie, quick girl! Get the toilet paper!"

*bark bark bark*

"No, I don't CARE if Timmy fell down the well! Get the toilet paper!

*bark bark*

"Oh...for crying out....I don't need a phone or a rope! Put them back and fetch the toilet paper!"

*bark yipe bark* *Lassie gallops off*

(enter police sirens, sherifs busting through the door) "Ma'am, are you all right? Your dog led us right to you."

"LASSIE! I needed the friggin' TP! Not the *(&%^@ police!"

RD

Are you dead yet?
LOL, Dakota has "saved" me a couple times by opening up a cabinet and grabbing me a roll.

Dogs rock.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Lol...I wish I could teach that, but teaching this dog how to open cabinets would be an exercise in insanity...

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Lol...I wish I could teach that, but teaching this dog how to open cabinets would be an exercise in insanity...
....which is why I refused to let Hubby teach Voodoo how to open the fridge a fetch a beer. The dog is enough of an alkie already without us being enablers.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i made that mistake when i was married. Was trying to endear the dog to the ex.thought if he brought him a beer he would like him better..ooooops

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I could probably teach it to Sawyer, but Virgo is a copycat learner too, only she wouldn't let on. So then one day I would come home to my fridge strewn everywhere, Sawyer having a panic attack because he knows it's going to get blamed on him and Virgo on the couch licking a tub of yogurt in oblivious bliss. "What...I didn't do it. Remember, you didn't teach me that one..."

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Ellen's daisy dog can open the fridge even when she put a 50 lbs of clay in front of the door. Now she had to have it rigged with chain and lock. Daisy cleaned her out completely including a large amount of sausage which her fat body didn't need.

houndlove

coonhound crazy
Yes "opening things" is definitely going to stay well off my training to-do list.

Both of my dogs pretty much refuse to put anything that is not food in their mouths but one time and one time only DH and I were playing baseball in the yard and the ball rolled under the neighbor's very creepy probably-snake-infested porch. I called Conrad over and start gesticulating wildly to the porch and saying the word "ball" a lot and to my eternal shock and surprise, he shimmied right under the porch and delivered the ball right to my hand. I almost died of shock!

Toller_08

LOL, that's great. Good girl, Virgo!

I used to get Tango to grab stuff for me all the time. I don't know how she actually knew what I wanted, since I never taught her anything like that, but she did.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Millie gets things for me all the time, too. That's actually a bit of her job. She picked up money for me at the mall and trotted out the door with me carrying it in her mouth. :D

There's an easy solution to keeping a dog out of the fridge - just take the handle off. YOU can still open the door quite easily, but not The Pooch . . . . Guess how I know that ;)

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
There's an easy solution to keeping a dog out of the fridge - just take the handle off. YOU can still open the door quite easily, but not The Pooch . . . . Guess how I know that ;)
Heh. Didn't stop Max the Evil Kitty. He learned how to open our old fridge by sliding his evil little paw under the rubber seal on the edge of the door, then prying it open. When we got our new fridge, we had to check and buy one with the stoutest seal we could find.

bubbatd

My Goldens took things to family members all the time .... from TP to socks and underwear ....tools , letters , you name it ! My laundry room was 3 levels down and it sure saved me steps !

LOL. WIsh I could teach one of mine to bring TP when needed. Somehow one bathroom never has any. Probably doesn't now. Should check it while it's on my mind.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Virgo usually carries stuff around with her, socks, tissues, toys, my crochet,...she loves to bring me one of my slippers but stares blankly when I ask her for the mate, lol!

Members online

No members online now.