New law lets dogs chow down in restaurant!

mjb

I live in Florida. It's for outdoor dining. Dogs have always eaten at outdoor dining areas since I've been here. Recently, restaurants have been cracking down on not letting dogs sit with their owners at the outside tables because the Health Dept. had started giving huge fines. Most of the restaurant owners that we talked to said they didn't mind the dogs and actually liked having them, but they couldn't afford it. Now, dogs will be able to sit at outdoor dining with their owners again, and restaurant owners/managers won't have to worry about fines.

Meggie

Wish they had something like that here! Quincy doesn't do a very good Seeing Eye Dog act.

"They eat well, but they don't eat with me," Jones, 51, said of his border collie and black Labrador. "I've already made the decision that I won't go to any place that will allow them. I just don't think people should eat with dogs; that's disgusting."

And may a seagull with Irritable Bowel Syndrome fly over HIS table!

D

Dobiegurl

mjb said:
I live in Florida. It's for outdoor dining. Dogs have always eaten at outdoor dining areas since I've been here. Recently, restaurants have been cracking down on not letting dogs sit with their owners at the outside tables because the Health Dept. had started giving huge fines. Most of the restaurant owners that we talked to said they didn't mind the dogs and actually liked having them, but they couldn't afford it. Now, dogs will be able to sit at outdoor dining with their owners again, and restaurant owners/managers won't have to worry about fines.

What I don't understand is how service dogs go can go everywhere but other dogs can't because of health codes and stuff. That excuse is pathetic, really. Last time I checked a dog is a dog whether is a service dog or not. All carry the same health risks.

Meggie said:
Wish they had something like that here! Quincy doesn't do a very good Seeing Eye Dog act.

"They eat well, but they don't eat with me," Jones, 51, said of his border collie and black Labrador. "I've already made the decision that I won't go to any place that will allow them. I just don't think people should eat with dogs; that's disgusting."

And may a seagull with Irritable Bowel Syndrome fly over HIS table!
ROFL!!!! Good call, Meggie :D

bubbatd

We have several here .... even bring dogs water bowls. Fun times !!

Members online