What's home to you?

Kootenay

I thought it might be fun to share pictures of the place you call home, whether that's a house, apartment, farm, trailer, you name it.

I rent a house from my mom (which is great - somehow it feels better to being paying rent when really it's paying the mortgage of the family house). It's a nice 3 bedroom place on 5 acres surrounded by forest, with a couple of gardens, little orchard, greenhouse, corral/shelter for horses, goat pen/barn (unoccupied at the moment), big shop, etc.

Here are some photos!

Living room

Front yard and front garden (the trampoline is now a pond, though)

View from the living room

And also on the property out in the woods there is this little caravan, it's so cute! No one is living there at the moment.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I would totally live in that little caravan.

We own a home in Vegas and our house in Oregon. Our current house is nothing to look at right now but we're tackling it, it's hard but fun and so very worth it.

Lyzelle

I've never felt "at home" anywhere. Right now I feel at home with the people I love; they make the home, no matter where we are.

But I think home is out in Colorado. It's in my 3 year goal plan right now!

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Um. I'm going to just pretend that I live where you live and call it a day.
^This. The jealousy is profound.

We are currently renting a double wide that sits on 10 acres of mainly woods. It keeps us warm. Lol. Our landlord is super flexible, which is nice, but the house is pretty crappy. It is pretty awesome with our cabin/ranchy decor and the Chinese wallpaper in the bathroom.

I will try to get pictures tonight. Oh, our landlord owns a pet cemetery which sits on our lot, as well. Kind of creepy. I always used to joke about a ghost guinea pig sitting in our living room window until it freaked me out.

Here's our shed! Lol.

DSC_0685 by DJetzel, on Flickr

CaliTerp07

Oh my gosh, that looks like it came out of a movie.

I live in a nice little suburban neighborhood outside Washington DC. Where the property you just posted would cost about $10 million. :D

I will take pictures at some point and post them (bonus: Someone can give me decorating tips because I can't figure out what to do with the house I bought nearly a year and a half ago)

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Seriously! Your home and yard are gorgeous! Although, I'm not sure I'd like it during the winter months!

I live in the suburbs of Orlando :)

Here's the front of my house:

Even though we have a small yard (.3 acres total), I love how green and lush our backyard is (this photo only shows a small portion of it!):

DSC_8538.jpg by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

I can't find a single indoor picture that doesn't have the dogs as the main subject (thus, can't even see the inside!)- I'll try to remember to snap a few tonight.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I will come live in your caravan.

I have a crappy little duplex, lol. Looking for a nice small house to buy this year. I want acreage like bad.

Paige

Let it be
Uhh, this is my house. I live in the greater van area. Not a very nice photo because its off google maps.

This! Oh my goodness....that is just freaking beautiful!!!!

veggie garden and garage

Can sort of see it here

and side view

backyard

I dont really have any inside pics.....

here is dining room before it was painted when we just redid the floors (its red now)

but that will be different soon as we are knocking out the bumped out wall, moving the bathroom entrance, and well, yeah, just redoing everything lol

can at least see the paint color here and decorations for Yule and DD's bday lol

can see a third of the living room here lol

My bedroom (which is actually quite large but I dont have pics of the whole thing that I can easily find)

daughters room

DJEtzel

Uh, yeah.

Here's our shed! Lol.

DSC_0685 by DJetzel, on Flickr
:rofl1:

This is home, currently. We downgraded from a very nice 5 bed 2 bath rental in the suburbs to this in the city... Which I personally cannot stand, but it's a first house, and we're fixing it up and selling it this year, so there's that.

Most of our backyard, don't mind the fire...

This shows most of our living room from the kitchen...

The spare bedroom and it's ugly blue-ness...

The dogs in the dining room, which is really my sewing area, but looks like a cluttered mess, here. This was recent after our move, so we still had a lot of boxes & whatnot.

Part of our kitchen and the hallway to our spare bedroom/bathroom/backyard

This is our garage, which probably looks the best but has the least use...

Our newly cleaned basement after a paint job...

And... a desk.

It's only like 900 sq ft so pretty much every picture meets somewhere to make a map of our tiny house. haha. It keeps the dog limit under control, though.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Built in 1943.

I love our front door, and our curvy arches!

Teeny tiny kitchen.... hate the yellow, any suggestions on what color we could paint it?

Yard does NOT look this nice anymore. :(

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
This is our house. We are one of the oldest houses in the village and it has past lives as a coaching inn, a pub, a pottery and a bed and breakfast :) not sure how old it is, but the local pub goes back as far as the 12th century. We think it could be 18th century, not sure.

Its old, drafty and in need of renovation! Will take pics this weekend as we are getting new carpets yay!!!!

The decor is a mix of 60s/70s and 80s.

I call it an inside out tardis as it looks big on the outside but the walls are all about 2 foot thick as it is a slate built home. Solid slate walls. The oldest part of the house is the nearest part in the picture, and the rest has been added on.

I like the house :) it has been in my partners family a long time. We live in a national park so we have to use certain materials when renovating. Plan to knock walls down and add a big skylight eventually. The conservatory needs renewing and plan to knock the store room down and rebuild it too. Eventually!!!

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
No pictures of the inside, but here are some of the outside.

Most of the front yard...

Front Yard by AdventuresOfACrazyLab, on Flickr

Just the house (plus my car :p)

House by AdventuresOfACrazyLab, on Flickr

The garage which is definitely used! And for cars:p I know of SO many people who have garages and don't park their cars in there!

Garage by AdventuresOfACrazyLab, on Flickr

Back porch with hot tub... definitely one of my favorite places in the house, LOL

Hot Tub by AdventuresOfACrazyLab, on Flickr

I couldn't find any pictures, but I did find a video that shows a lot of the back yard.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX6D_Tt0PPs[/YOUTUBE]

Love this part of the back yard. It's so pretty, especially in the "fall". Right beside the blueberry bush and grape vine.

IMG_8371 by AdventuresOfACrazyLab, on Flickr

Harleigh loves my friend's backyard.. :p

IMG_5684 by AdventuresOfACrazyLab, on Flickr

Members online

No members online now.