The Venting Thread

Lyzelle

Forgot how much Memphis pollen sucks. I have the worst allergies right now, and I feel gross after only a few hours outside. There's a green/yellow film on EVERYTHING right now.

Also had to go help bail some other BIL that I've never met (for good reason) out of jail because he's just as much of an inconsiderate douche as Jin, despite that they are only half brothers.

And original BIL (oldest of the three who I'm living with) is very much upset about all of this. A "WTF, why are my brothers like this, where did I go wrong" sort of way. And I just feel sorry for him. It's not his fault anymore than it is mine, or anyone else's. They are grown men. One is now getting divorced and the other better get it straight before he loses his son. One day, maybe, they'll get it.

Until then, the rest of us have to just stand by and watch them burn up their lives.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Well I have found in our own experience that when I took extra precaution, brought him in, & all the things one typically does with noise phobic dogs. The deck is nicely covered & is on the south side of the house, so the house itself shelters it from blowing rain ... You could sit out there in the middle of a storm & not get wet.

Buddy hates getting wet so I know he will not run out in the rain & run away. I also know that if he gets nervous he will hang by the door as not to miss being brought in. But that being said it rarely storms here so I don't have to deal with it that often.

Locke

How are people SO incompetent? Why can't I just count on my group members to actually do their work and do a decent job of it?

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I had a really upsetting night. A long worknight of overpowering thoughts, then a devolving depressing argument with Matt. I was in anxiety overload and decided I really need to go up to bed and ride it out. Put the dogs out while I fed the cat, and Finn refused to come inside, hiding behind the shed. I went out to fetch him, and he cowered and ran from me.

Twenty minutes of gentle coaxing with toys and treats didn't work. I had to get Scott to help me corner him. I asked Scott to actually do the grabbing and taking him into the house. I couldn't do it to him after seeing him so scared of me.

He has never ever done that. He's seen me this upset before and has never done that.

I can't stop crying. My poor dog is being so strongly affected by my emotions that he's becoming afraid of me. I can't deal with this.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
I have now had the worst headache of my life for over 24 hours... I don't know what to do. 800 mg of ibuprofen is barely taking the edge off. It's muscular, it's stemming from between my shoulder blades and then all the way up my neck and through my whole head. Tried stretching, hot shower...helped a little bit but not much. I have suffered from this type of headache occasionally for years now but this is extreme and long lasting.

Luckily we have a Dr. in the family... if this doesn't quit by tomorrow I will have to get something for the pain.

noludoru

Bored Now.
I had a really upsetting night. A long worknight of overpowering thoughts, then a devolving depressing argument with Matt. I was in anxiety overload and decided I really need to go up to bed and ride it out. Put the dogs out while I fed the cat, and Finn refused to come inside, hiding behind the shed. I went out to fetch him, and he cowered and ran from me.

Twenty minutes of gentle coaxing with toys and treats didn't work. I had to get Scott to help me corner him. I asked Scott to actually do the grabbing and taking him into the house. I couldn't do it to him after seeing him so scared of me.

He has never ever done that. He's seen me this upset before and has never done that.

I can't stop crying. My poor dog is being so strongly affected by my emotions that he's becoming afraid of me. I can't deal with this.
(((HUGS))) :(

I have had more progress in fixing my relationship issues with C in the last month and a half than we have had in the last 8 months. Part of me is relieved that he now a) cares about how I felt and b) understands the problems we had.

The rest of me is just like. . . really?

It took almost a year and me moving two thousand miles away to get him to take this seriously and make progress in fixing it? Why not when it would have made a difference? I am done with the relationship at this point.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I can't sleep, I feel like a toddler. I'm angry, exhausted, and want to run away.

I'm really not sure why, I hate my new schedule but I have worked these hours before, I should be able to handle it.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I can't sleep, I feel like a toddler. I'm angry, exhausted, and want to run away.

I'm really not sure why, I hate my new schedule but I have worked these hours before, I should be able to handle it.
Have you ever tried Melatonin? That stuff is awesome and I used to take it when I was in school and couldn't sleep.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I rarely have trouble, I'm not sure why I can't sleep tonight. I have to be up at 530 and that makes me sad. I have to train a bunch of naughty dogs and won't be home until 7 so I can repeat it Friday.

Giant whine-fest.

Luckily the boss is interviewing so hopefully she will hire much needed assistance to make my life easier, soon.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!

My iPhone charger cord is cracked, like ... Wire casing peeled away, & wire exposed. Not sure how it happened ... We did have mice in our last apt but it doesn't look like its been chewed it looks like its just ... Split :confused:

So .... Now I have to probably go all the way to the apple store in San Antonio because AT&T is prolly gonna tell me (insert whiny voice here) "we don't carry them!" & the apple store is almost a 2 hour drive be she it's clear on the north side & we live southeast of the city.

Boo :wall:

Saeleofu

My iPhone charger cord is cracked, like ... Wire casing peeled away, & wire exposed. Not sure how it happened ... We did have mice in our last apt but it doesn't look like its been chewed it looks like its just ... Split :confused:

So .... Now I have to probably go all the way to the apple store in San Antonio because AT&T is prolly gonna tell me (insert whiny voice here) "we don't carry them!" & the apple store is almost a 2 hour drive be she it's clear on the north side & we live southeast of the city.

Boo :wall:
Electrical tape.

Barring that, Amazon.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Yeah & maybe for cheaper then I would pay at AT&T or Apple ... The is for the idea ... Maybe Wally World might have them ... Wouldn't hurt to Ty next time I am near one.

I know I shouldn't be using it but running battery life is about 5 hrs o the iPhone 4 (what I have) so I like ... Need my charger, I have an ext cord stretched so I can charge it while I use it in bed (addicted I know lol) & that's all well & good ... Except I have to rest my fingers on the frayed part of the cord while typing/ surfing lol.

I tried electrical tape with a frayed satellite wire one time, thinking it would be a quick fix til the guy could come & replace it ... But it killed the signal & as soon as I took the tape off it started working again ... I am afraid or will do they to my charger ... I need it to work.

Saeleofu

But it killed the signal & as soon as I took the tape off it started working again ... I am afraid or will do they to my charger ... I need it to work.
There's a huge difference between a satellite signal and electricity. It's called "electrical tape" and not "satellite tape" for a reason.

I hate AT&T right now. They screwed up our phone bill. Dan spent HOURS on the phone with them last weekend to get it fixed. They finally say it is. Today - "I'm sorry, your call can not be completed. Your service is cut off due to a past due account"

REALLY?!?! The freaking acct that clearly shows PAID? The same one we spend hours fixing? GAH!!!

Oh, and yeah, my iphone cord has been stripped for ever...still works fine:) But they are all over...even Walgreens has them at the check out...I know Target, etc all have them.

Saeleofu

I hate AT&T right now. They screwed up our phone bill. Dan spent HOURS on the phone with them last weekend to get it fixed. They finally say it is. Today - "I'm sorry, your call can not be completed. Your service is cut off due to a past due account"

REALLY?!?! The freaking acct that clearly shows PAID? The same one we spend hours fixing? GAH!!!
This EXACT same thing happened to my dad AND to my brother. It's why we no longer use them for ANYTHING.

Members online

No members online now.