Excuse me for asking? (Not for children under 11)

My dog Brian, isquite old now and i dont no whether i can face it when he dies. In the morning when you wake up do you just see him?
What do i do next? Please help me i am cracking up

Don't borrow trouble. Just enjoy every day you have with him, love him and give him all the affection and attention he needs.

Different dogs go in different ways. Some are fortunate enough to just drift away in their sleep. Some dogs want to be with you in their last moments, and some dogs want to go off to a quiet corner alone.

If Brian isn't suffering from any painful conditions, try to stop worrying and just enjoy all the time you have with him. If you fret too much, he'll pick up on it and then Brian will fret, too.

And you can talk to us about it anytime if it helps you.

Same boat as you

Our Bently has cancer and at one point they didn't think he would make it through the weekend. We packed all kinds of goodies up and went to our cabin for the weekend. That was 2 months ago and he gets better everyday. The way I think do it is that Bently gets all kinds of treats and special treat meals. If I thought a person only had so much time to live, I would do everything possible to make their time better. Now I have the opportunity to do that so I do everything I can to make his days great. Too bad we don't do this with everyone as we know everyone will pass one day. My heart truly goes out to you. Bently and I will send prayers your way. Take care

Thanks for the advice but I have one more question. When he dies and he is in my house how would i clear him up? i am sorry but i am just scared.

It's really not that hard physically. My dogs who have passed away are buried in my back yard, wrapped in their favorite blankets. Some people use a pet crematory service and other people use a pet cemetary.

There shouldn't be anything to really clean up. Your Brian will just leave behind the empty shell that used to keep his spirit in one place.

iky

We decided to take Buddy to the vet to bury him for us, as we were very scared that Codi would dig up Buddy. We wanted to have Buddy cremated, but decided on a burial instead. Our vet has a very special place in his garden where he buries all the animals. It was just easier for us. As Renee750il said, there shouldnt be any cleaning up, but there is that little thing of doing something with the body, which I found very hard to deal with, I felt like I was giving him away, but I knew that the vet would take good care of him and make it easier for us.

Staff online

Members online