Frustrating *vent*

~Tucker&Me~

Grrrr......

When I visit breeder websites and look at their questionnaires, I never know what to say when it comes to 'training'.

It asks you what you have experience training and gives you such options as...

a) I have never “formally”
trained a dog
b) Basic obedience classes
c) Advanced obedience classes
d) Dog sport (herding, agility,
flyball, etc.)
e)Working farm dog

So I can say D, but that is it. Next question, she asks for your trainers number and contact info (for obediance). So if I say A, it will sound as if I am the typical owner who only trains sit and come who's dog only responds half of the time. The thing is, I never took Tucker to obedience classes (only one rally-o class). Yet, I would say he's well trained myself. He knows a wide variety of tricks, NEVER pulls on leash, and is SOOO well behaved. I work extensively with him, but I am worried that the breeder may not believe me or something because I have never attended puppy classes or obedience classes. I read books, and learnt most of my stuff from here.

What would you say/do? Do I just go with A and hope it works out?

Gosh, I am confused as to what to do! LOL

~Tucker

RD

Are you dead yet?
I say D. Classes or not, your dog is trained to do these things.

I don't understand "formal" training. Training is training, whether it is done under the instruction of "professionals" with varying degrees of knowledge, or at home with the assistance of good books.

you could also just put your own name and info in the space provided for trainer''s info and if they ask you about it, you explain it to them

~Tucker&Me~

^ That's a good idea. I think I just might, LOL.

What I find funny, is that most of the trainers in my area aren't that great anyway.

~Tucker

Members online

No members online now.