Timberwolf Organics vs. Innova EVO

CLee

can people with experience or knowledge talk about some of the similarities and differences between TWO and EVO?

Choosing between these two brands.

For me, both brands look really good. EVO seems more accessible in Ontario, although I did call Global Pet Foods' headquarters today and they said that their stores in the region would soon be carrying TWO products, so hopefully it'll be just as accessible.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Depends which TWO product you want to compare the Innova Evo to.

Evo's main characteristic is that it is a grain free food that is also very low in carbs, so you can only really compare it to the TWO "Wild & Natural Dry". The TWO "Southwest Chicken and Herbs" is closer to the regular Innova adult food.

Both are good foods, but products made by Natura (manufacturer of Innova and a few other brands) are in my opinion overall more trustworthy, since they have their own plants and do not "farm out" the manufacturing to other companies like TWO does.

CLee

what do you think about maybe switching between the two brands one after another, like a cycle TWO-EVO-TWO-EVO.....?

and, if its a good idea, how many months should I go on one food before switching to another? It doesn't seem good to be switching after every bag, making his system adjust to a new food every two months (which is approximately how long my dog lasts on one bag of food).

Mordy

Quigleyfied
It's generally a good idea to switch food brands now and then.

How often you switch is up to you. When I was still feeding kibble I rotated about every 2-3 months.

Muttlies3

I'm currently feeding my three half TWO (ocean blue) and half Nutro (NC Lamb & Rice) due to financial reasons. They are doing great on it, stools are perfect.

Maybe you could do half and half too?

Fran27

You're really not saving money feeding half nutro frankly. The standard innova adult dry or canidae are cheaper to feed, and better quality.

pup-man

Permanent Troll
CLee said:
which one of TWO (wild & natural) vs. Innova EVO is more palatable?

I've got a really picky dog.
You may want to consider the Timberwolf Lamb Barley & Apple formula as well as the Wild 'n Natural Dry. It has 3920 Kcal/kg, the Wild 'n Dry has 3980.
All of the Timberwolf formulas are carefully balanced so they provide complete nutrition for all life stages. Some are specifically designed to be fed w/raw or cooked meats added , especially if feeding growing dogs, puppies or lactating dogs.

You must remember also that Timberwolf uses the highest percentage of meat proteins of just about any kibble. There is 1/2 of meat meal for every lb of kibble. It is SOOO nutrient dense that you need to feed relatively small amounts. Plus, plus, plus LOW CALCIUM ... unlike EVO.

CLee

haha you sound like a TWO advertiser... should there be worry about EVO's calcium level?

and my main worry is palatability between the two... I need to find a food that my dog will ENJOY EATING before worrying about other stuff since both foods are good.

pup-man

Permanent Troll
CLee said:
haha you sound like a TWO advertiser... should there be worry about EVO's calcium level?

and my main worry is palatability between the two... I need to find a food that my dog will ENJOY EATING before worrying about other stuff since both foods are good.
lol... after re-reading it, it does sound like an advertisement. I actually feed California Natural Herring & Sweet Potatoes to my dogs.. which is in the same line with Innova, Healthwise (NUTURA).

Both food are good! I just prefer TWO between them both.

CLee

to the timberwolf organics users, which formula has been most successful for you? especially in terms of palatability!

Members online

No members online now.