Ten and his Tardis.... :D

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger

And the whole setup

Juvenile male from a local fish/reptile store. He fires up pretty dark red and daaark green, and has a really bold harlequin pattern. He's also got fringing and knee caps, and I see little white spots on his sides when he's all fired up too. He's not as hand tame as I'd hoped, but he definitely enjoys being hand fed. He's getting used to be handled, and he's started checking out his digs. I find him all over the tank depending on what times I check on him. So far I've just been trying to get him used to being handled and adjust him to being an only gecko. He was being housed with another juvenile that I'm pretty sure was a male. I'm already considering a tank mate for him. :p

Saeleofu

I love him! But you already know that :p He looks bigger than Jag...you should weigh him lol. From this angle it looks like he was pretty nice structure, too! <3

Xandra

Awesome!!! He looks great, lovely pattern and his tank looks fun! I'm loving the influx of cresties :D

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
He's surprisingly easy to take care of! And it's super hard to not go buy another one lol. I really want a second one already, lmao.

Thanks guys! I worked really hard to make sure his tank was setup optimally for him because it is a bow front, so standing it on the end really couldn't happen lol.

Locke

Nice crestie!!

Just so you know, which you might already, but if you're thinking tank mates, males will fight and potentially kill each other. Especially in a tank that size. Male and females will breed willy-nilly. If you're wanting to get into breeding, make sure the female is at least 35 grams before allowing any mating, otherwise she can become eggbound.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Nice crestie!!

Just so you know, which you might already, but if you're thinking tank mates, males will fight and potentially kill each other. Especially in a tank that size. Male and females will breed willy-nilly. If you're wanting to get into breeding, make sure the female is at least 35 grams before allowing any mating, otherwise she can become eggbound.
Oh yes I know. The only tank mate I'm considering adding is an adult female really. He's definitely a boy, even if he's not as well endowed as Jaggrafess lol, but still a boy, so no other boys will be added. If I were to add another male, I'd section the tank off somehow....

Or get another tank... :p :D

Xandra

Oh yes I know. The only tank mate I'm considering adding is an adult female really. He's definitely a boy, even if he's not as well endowed as Jaggrafess lol, but still a boy, so no other boys will be added. If I were to add another male, I'd section the tank off somehow....

Or get another tank... :p :D
yess get a girl lol. Though apparently they are relatively prolific. I want to let mine breed when they get big enough, if they are M/F. I'm not sure what to make of gecko breeding ethics though. My gut feeling is that they don't seem overpopulated, so it wouldn't hurt anyone to make nice looking pets vs top notch geckos. What do you think?

Saeleofu

yess get a girl lol. Though apparently they are relatively prolific. I want to let mine breed when they get big enough, if they are M/F. I'm not sure what to make of gecko breeding ethics though. My gut feeling is that they don't seem overpopulated, so it wouldn't hurt anyone to make nice looking pets vs top notch geckos. What do you think?
For the most part, they're all really pets. Even high quality ones are ultimately pets. You can't really health test or title a gecko ;) There are people who press for head structure/crests, people who breed for color/morphs, and people who bred for both. Any of those are acceptable to me, so long as you're not getting tons of deformed geckos. The odd deformity is bound to pop up eventually, especially if you mess up incubation, but they're not common overall.

I may end up getting a female at some point for Jagger, but it'll be a ways off.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
For the most part, they're all really pets. Even high quality ones are ultimately pets. You can't really health test or title a gecko ;) There are people who press for head structure/crests, people who breed for color/morphs, and people who bred for both. Any of those are acceptable to me, so long as you're not getting tons of deformed geckos. The odd deformity is bound to pop up eventually, especially if you mess up incubation, but they're not common overall.

I may end up getting a female at some point for Jagger, but it'll be a ways off.
Yeah, this is about how I feel about it as well.

The only issue might be if I don't have a good enough market for baby cresteds. Then I supposed I'd just have to get rid of the eggs somehow.

I feel like Ten has a really really nice pattern (though how to rate that against other geckos and what is selling is somewhat subjective) and if I do purchase a female, I have a specific morph in mind. :D I really want a high yellow Dal

Xandra

Last edited:

Saeleofu

I think my ideal female would be a bicolor superdal with BIG red and black spots and blushing/fringe/kneecaps. I really like chocolate/green bicolors, but I like pretty much all bicolors. I don't much care for superdals on an already loud pattern, like a harley.

Members online

No members online now.