Question - what kind of dog do you have and what kind of food do you use?

Adogstale

Im just wondering what kinds of foods people find works best for their dog and different breeds of dogs.. I have a Golden Retriever and I use Nutrience Supreme... because it is the only food I find that does not have a HUGE amount of waste... where cheaper foods make me feel like I am litterally shovelling out a stall!

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
hahaha I just posted a topic like this in the Health section ;)

I have a reg'd Belgian Tervuren and hes on Nutro Natural Choice Lamb and Rice Puppy food.

Adogstale

Another Question... does anyone have any adverse opinions on Nutrience that I should know about?

Puppy

Bernese Mountain Dog!
you can find all the info in the food and recipes section. good luck.

I have a canaan dog/terrier mix, Colby Cheesehead, and chocolate lab, Mayberry, and a border collie/german shepherd mix, Tippy. They are all fed Bench & Field Holisitic Natural Canine Formula but will soon be eating completely raw food.

In my opinion each dog is unique and what works for one dog may not work for another. But I think that all dogs deserve and need human-grade food.

Y

yuckaduck

6 month old german shepherd Yukon
Kirkland Signatures
Chicken & Rice

Adult all lifestages.

No by products no waste, he poops once a day sometimes once every other day. It took about two months to notice a difference from the crap I fed before.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Victor english pointer
Mary labrador/german shorthair
innova large breed

Fran27

It doesn't seem like a bad food, but I think you should post in the food section if you want better opinions.

I have two puppies, a lab mix and a golden retriever, they are fed innova adult dry.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
14 month blackmouth cur. He's eating Eukanuba, but I plan on switching to either Nutro Natural Choice or Natural Balance once this bag runs out.

Giny

2 toy poodles
Innova Evo
and
Prepared raw meat from Steve's Real Food For Dogs

I definitely notice a big change in waste after starting them on Evo. A lot less waste!

I've seen differences in the girls too - compared to what they used to be eating, there is less gas, their teeth are better, their coats are silkier, firmer poops, and they're just healthier in general.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
gaddylovesdogs said:
I've seen differences in the girls too - compared to what they used to be eating, there is less gas, their teeth are better, their coats are silkier, firmer poops, and they're just healthier in general.
I'm still amazed at the difference in Sawyer once I switched from Iams Adult to Royal Canin! Although his teeth still bug me...they were really nice and white when I got him and now a fair amount of tarter is starting to build regardless of how many teeth cleaning chews I give him. I'm trying to brush them but that's not working out so well. I'm going to try one of those finger brushes and see if that works any better.

The girls have some plaque and such too, I've found the raw bones help a lot - I give them once a week - and they're teeth are getting whiter and brighter. If I see anything on their teeth I scrape it off. With what they used to eat though, they had really bad breath. Their breath still isn't that desirable, but it doesn't smell horrible.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I always feed Mary dry food..are you feeding wet? i found a chew that is chemical free/no preservatives either. I always gave Bronki and Mary one after they ate. I was suprised when the vet looked at Mary's teeth at 12 and said she looked great..whew relief..i had asked her if they needed to be cleaned.

Gempress said:
14 month blackmouth cur. He's eating Eukanuba, but I plan on switching to either Nutro Natural Choice or Natural Balance once this bag runs out.
Gempress, don't even give the Nutro a second thought. Premium price doesn't always mean you're getting premium food. If you'll do a search in the Food forum you'll see the breakdown on it in several places. Also, click on Mordy's signature and go to her site; you'll learn what you need to know to be able to make good judgements on food yourself :)

Bimmer (GSD/wolf) and the Riot Grrrrls (Shiva and Kharma, Fila Brasileiros) all eat Innova EVO and raw food, plus a few leftovers or whatever they beg successfully, along with their "fast food" - usually a groundhog, squirrel or rabbit that didn't run fast enough . . . They've all been on Innova foods since they were pups.

Members online

No members online now.