my two Rhodesian Ridgebacks

Susi

Hi,
just wanted to tell a short funny story. And it is all my husbands fault. When we got our Ashiki (now 4), my husband Erik thought it would be fun to teach her to push me in the bum. He started by telling her to push me by pinching me in the bum. Well, as you can imagine it worked and now she is always pushing me especially when I am in the middle of a job and cannt defend myself. Our second one Charu now 1.5 years has adopted the same habit. They run throught our legs and push and push our bums. If it was not only that, the little one does it with total strangers as well, epecially if she has just had a swim in the sea and a nice lady comes by. Its quite funny and up to now no one has got upset. All my doggie friends get welcomed this may and they all find it great. I wouldn´t want it any other way, but I think my hubby would especially when its his turn to get a bruise now and again.

Have you got doggies with sweet habits?
would like to know!
love susi

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Yes my dog loves to have his bum scratched lol. So when he is in the mood for a good bum scratching he will come up and put his head on your lap and give you the sad face so you will start to pet him lol but as soon as you start to pet him he whips around and suddenly you have a doggy tushy instead lol. So sometimes we will stop petting him and he will go through the whole routine again and as soon as we touch him he whips around again lol he will not be satisfied until he gets a good scratch lol and if we don't do it he will keep bumping us with his bum until we do lol

My moms little shih tzu/pug will just take it upon herself to rub her bum on anything that she can reach lol. the table, chairs even the heel of your foot if she can lol.

avenlee

Both of my dogs will give me a quick lick on my legs here and then when I have shorts on. They probably do it with pants on only I can't feel it. Its sort of like when summer comes, your swatting mosquittos or knats, lol When I'm trying to sort through the mail or talking to a neighbor or fixing supper for everyone, it can get annoying. I stomp my foot and say "OK, stop licking" laughingly. Its just their way of saying HEY! lol

edit: Just wanted to clear up that I don't swat my dogs/babies :)

Bimmer and Kharma love a good rump scratching - actually, I think Kharma picked it up from trying to do whatever Bimmer does, lol! Bimmer will lay his head on your leg, then gradually walk past until you find yourself presented with his butt. He stretches up on his tip toes and sways from foot to foot and moans with his eyes half closed, but when you stop, he'll open those eyes wide and look at you and moan a little louder while still swaying from side to side.

Miss Kharma is more direct. Those long Fila back legs make it easy for her to just back up to you and plonk her butt down in your lap. She moans and sways while she's being scratched too . . . kind of a weird Fila-dog lap dance, lol! When you stop, she pushes her butt up on your lap even farther :rolleyes:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
My dog will goose me if I don't pay attention to it or if I'm saying goodbye to my boyfriend. He's such a little attention monger. The dog, that is, not the boyfriend. :)

Barb04

Super Moderator
If I don't pay attention to Max, he starts to nibble on my arm like he's eating corn on the cob. He's a character.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
tatey mary's mum would go out and sit with her bum facing the chain link fence..then she would rock back and forth getting a good back massage from the webbing..the funny thing is the neighbor's dog would sit on the opposite side of the fence with his back to the fence as well and they would both sit out there rocking back and forth at the same time..i know Tatey started it, but i don't know when their dog joined it..it ws funny.

Susi

nice for the response

thanks up to now for the response. I just had to laugh, ad its great that our sweethearts all have their funny sides.

Susi

wildwings811

a.k.a: agilitydobemom
Rocky will lay on the floor when I sit on the couch and put his head on my leg and just look at me with those almond eyes as if to say I love you so much the other thing he does is put his head under my arm so it falls down over his head like I am petting him (eventhough I really am not) when he wants to be petted

If we have company over and we're sitting outside for supper sometimes I'll put OC in the kennel if someone has a fear of dogs or is allergic. The thing is though at first he will sit and watch us hoping for someone to let him out again but if no one does he lays down facing away from everyone as if he's ignoring us but he always keeps one ear cocked towards us and if someone even so much as whispers his name he gets up immediately and starts watching us again thinking someone's taken pity n him and is going to come let him out! LOL Rum - on of my breeder's dogs - used to do this a lot too

Ash47

Taco Dog
Roxy and Spud both come and sprawl their back legs out and look up in the sky. This is the signal meaning, scratch my back. Not just anywhere, but as close to their tail as you can get. LOL Precious just likes to be touched, so she doesn't have anything weird or different.

Members online