Tidus poops five times a day!!!

supaspic

Simple question: Tidus poops every time I walk him. Is this normal? He just reached 1 year old and he is still on puppy food which I plan on changing once he runs out of this food. Is the puppy food what causes him to go every time? My problem is he is fine in telling me when he need to GO, but at night I have to wake up around 4am because he needs to poop. Do all dogs go multiple time? Thanx for any help you can give me.

supaspic

Iam Smart Puppy. And I give him a cup of food only once a day that's it. With the occasional treat after I walk him.

Just out of curousity...how many times a day should a puppy that age eliminate fecal matter?

Mine seems to poop a lot too (except he's only 9-10 wks) I also have him on Diamond dog food, which is probably pretty low quality.

I've never heard of Iam Smart Puppy, or did you mean Iams? I''m not a big fan of Iams personally and if I were you I would switch to a better brand. On average puppies do eliminate more often than adult dogs due to their smaller digestive systems but what can happen sometimes is that they develop a firm schedual and go on the clock whether they would actually have to relieve themselves or not (I hope that makes sense!).

Members online

No members online now.