The Good News thread

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I quit my job, have the week off, have a moving truck booked and a job lined up. I'm getting out of my lease, my dog and car are coming with me, and that's the extent of my commitments.

My weekend is full of cat snoogles, strawberries, whipped cream, episodes of House of Lies & Shameless. Does the immediate future get any better than this?

I am so, so relieved.
Where are you moving too?

Saeleofu

I got my state and federal tax returns. That means...GECKO!!!!!! Also, a possibility to get a weighted blanket, since I no longer need to buy a harness.

My shade fell off my window a few days ago and I've been too lazy to put it back up. I have been waking up in the mornings MUCH easier since then, since I get natural light. I may just leave it off. I'm in the attic, so it's not like anyone looks in my window.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I got my state and federal tax returns. That means...GECKO!!!!!! Also, a possibility to get a weighted blanket, since I no longer need to buy a harness.

My shade fell off my window a few days ago and I've been too lazy to put it back up. I have been waking up in the mornings MUCH easier since then, since I get natural light. I may just leave it off. I'm in the attic, so it's not like anyone looks in my window.
If you don't already have a place picked out to get a weighted blanket from, I have a friend who makes them :)

Saeleofu

If you don't already have a place picked out to get a weighted blanket from, I have a friend who makes them :)
Oh, I'd love to hear about it! I was planning on getting one from Dreamcatcher, but I'm definitely open to suggestions. I had toyed with the idea of making one myself, but I decided I'll limit my adventures in sewing to harness and vest making for now :rofl1: Bonus points if your friend can make a Doctor Who one ;)

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I had... a good day at work today? Dare I say it? Is it possible to enjoy an 11 hour shift on a Monday?!? I was a rockstar with my blood draws for starters. My first few weeks there, I was having a heck of a time making anything bleed lol I thought I'd never get back into the swing of it, but finally it's starting to work again. I successfully placed an IV catheter in a cat on my first attempt, without covering myself and the cat in blood! Double brownie points! This cat had a urethral blockage, which has happened to my cat a couple times but this was my first experience really helping with the process to unblock one... and it was cool and interesting and I liked helping with it, because this is why I wanted to be a vet tech; the hands on nursing care to make them feel better...

That being said... I'm totally exhausted!!

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Reconnected with a friend from middle and high school and have been hanging out with her a lot lately. It feels good and makes me feel so much better about all the drama and sadness with losing my other friend. I still get really upset and sad about it but am doing much better. It helps to keep my mind off of it anyway.

Lyzelle

NINE DAYS. Moving people come on FRIDAY. THIS IS GOING TOO FAST. There's so much to do, such little time to do it!

But I'm so excited. :D

noludoru

Bored Now.
I have finally succeeded in my plot to get her westward!
Yup. Finally! :D

Sorry Lauren, I didn't see your post earlier.

Now we just have to get you and Ryan out here so I can steal....er...cuddle Siri. And just steal Frodo I don't know if he'd appreciate the cuddles. *plots*
I could pick them up on the way, if you would like. :p

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
We do need to get out there! Like, for legit! I want to try and convince Ryan to go out for like a week this summer and hike. Siri would definitely be coming along, Frodo would probably stay at boarding though :/ He isn't great about activity in the summer!

(Also, after driving the 10 hours to MI, I feel like I could TOTALLY do CO on like a 4 day weekend. So let me know when we can make that happen Taq ;) )

Taqroy

We do need to get out there! Like, for legit! I want to try and convince Ryan to go out for like a week this summer and hike. Siri would definitely be coming along, Frodo would probably stay at boarding though :/ He isn't great about activity in the summer!

(Also, after driving the 10 hours to MI, I feel like I could TOTALLY do CO on like a 4 day weekend. So let me know when we can make that happen Taq ;) )
YES. The plus side of baby is that I'll get three months off of work! I'm hoping that I'll be pretty mobile by the 8 week mark and I really want to get out and hike and do stuff while I'm off work. So that'll be around the second week of June? May/June are the best anyway because it's not ridiculously freaking hot yet. And you guys are still welcome to use our spare bedroom whenever you make it out here. If you're really lucky I'll put curtains up for you. :lol-sign:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I've broken my slump! I sold a car on the first and then went 15 days without selling a d*mn thing (except to myself).

Since last Friday I've sold 5 cars! I stand a chance of hitting bonus level again!

Members online

No members online now.