unwritten dog park rules.

crazedACD

Dogs really love to hump Skye and Skye will take it for a little bit...and then she turns around and grouches at them. And then their owners give me the stink eye, because she grouches. I'm not so big on dog parks anymore...

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Do people actually do these things?? I feel there is more respect for personal space in the UK.....

That and we don't have dog parks.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Do people actually do these things?? I feel there is more respect for personal space in the UK.....

That and we don't have dog parks.
Yes. Because you just have "parks"... where people CAN let their dogs run off leash, because they have the common decency to train and control their dogs. Oh the rarity of common sense!

Ya we don't go to dog parks that often. I don't do a great deal of off leash with Katalin really (LGD's like to wander and defend, not a great idea to let those factors loose anywhere except their own yard). And often, the people there can be real arseholes. Just sayin'

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Yes. Because you just have "parks"... where people CAN let their dogs run off leash, because they have the common decency to train and control their dogs. Oh the rarity of common sense!
I'm pretty sure they'd introduce them if they could.

Barbara!

Felt like bumping this...

If your child is a snotty brat that hits dogs, don't yell at me when I yell at him. Get your nasty child out of the **** park.

chaospony

Been there done that Barbara! More than once! Not one that hits though, just chases, harasses and tries to grab. Trin is now terrified of children for this very reason :(
Sorry kid but my dogs are wary of strangers. They are running away from you becuase you freak them out, don't you dare go chasing after them just 'cuz they look fluffy!

Paige

Let it be
I dont let my child chase my own dog, let alone a strange one. Not only because I think a dog deserves that respect as does its owner but its totally UNSAFE. I love my child enough not to turn it into dog food.

Members online

No members online now.