Wild Turkey with 9 babies!!! Hate to be back at work but this was cool!!!

LauraLeigh

I was all down about coming back to work but Mom and babies made me smile!

I watched them for about 15 minutes, here they were strolling across the scale!!

They are good eating too! LOL

Doberluv

They're so cute. They were one of my favorite birds when I lived in Idaho...had them hang out on my property lots of times. I loved them. But I didn't think they were very good eating...to tough and lean. Or maybe it was the way the person cooked it when I had dinner at their house. I much prefer the farm raised, fattened up turkeys. lol. But they sure do have a lot of character...very cute.

LauraLeigh

The first one we cooked was tough, but hubby read up and changed his style (Don't ask me, I'm not the cook in our home) and the rest have been tender and moist and mouthwatering

Doberluv

Well, they sure are healthier that way, as opposed to the farm raised. (most likely) But they're so cute, I couldn't shoot one if I tried. Someone else would have to do the dirty work. I have a hard time killing fish that I catch. Mostly I do catch and release these days. But I use to have to bonk them over the head and I hated that. When possible, I made my son do it because we usually fished together. Do you and your husband hunt them? I think that's so cool when people can hunt their own food and fill up their freezers. I just can't do it. lol.

LauraLeigh

We do, we usually have a freezer full of fish, venison and turkey, occasionally Moose when a friend goes North and gets one. I love wild game!

However if I watched a batch like this a lot I could not shoot them, in fact Jeff watched a young buck frolic and play before he moved into range, and let him go...

Members online

No members online now.