Auras leg.

Dogs6

Plus One
She hurt it again. She was finally starting to get better and actually walking without a limp when she knocked into the coffee table and started limping again. This isn't normal!! She shouldn't start limping just from banging into the coffee table! The other dogs all bang into it at least once a week and they don't suffer like she does. She was starting to gt more freedom back as well. She was spending her days in the kitchen with fudge (in a house with six other dogs he was the only one that wouldn't play with her or eat her).

2 different vets have examined her and they don't think there's anything more serious than bruising but surely bruising would be gone by now!! She's being taken to the vets again on Monday. She's been crated for around a month now so keeping her quiet is going to be an impossibility.

So what do you know about leg injuries? I'm looking for any information possible that might help her. Currently I'm contemplating keeping her in a hamster ball, wrapped in bubble wrap for the rest of her life.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Which leg is it? And have they checked her hips? One of my students had a border collie puppy that started having random leg pain... limping on and off a lot. At first when it started she had gotten loose and ran around the neighbourhood so we all thought she just over-exerted herself, but it just kept up and kept up. I felt her leg all over one night and couldn't find any swelling or anything in the leg that seemed off. Told her to take the dog back to see Doc and have him look over her again since it hadn't gotten better; after some poking around they discovered she has hip displaysia.
Aura seems awfully young but so did this puppy... we all kept thinking it was the leg but it turned out to not be her leg after all. =/

Saeleofu

Definitely do x-rays, with her sedated if possible. Depending on which leg it is it could be a hairline fracture, torn cruciate, OCD lesion, pano, hip/elbow dysplasia, or any number of other things. Just an exam isn't going to tell you much of anything, other than the dog is limping/painful/swollen/etc.

Dogs6

Plus One
Which leg is it? And have they checked her hips? One of my students had a border collie puppy that started having random leg pain... limping on and off a lot. At first when it started she had gotten loose and ran around the neighbourhood so we all thought she just over-exerted herself, but it just kept up and kept up. I felt her leg all over one night and couldn't find any swelling or anything in the leg that seemed off. Told her to take the dog back to see Doc and have him look over her again since it hadn't gotten better; after some poking around they discovered she has hip displaysia.
Aura seems awfully young but so did this puppy... we all kept thinking it was the leg but it turned out to not be her leg after all. =/
This sounds a lot like Aura except it's in her left foreleg. It started after she came in from playtime in the garden so I assumed she over exerted herself. The reason we're waiting to vet is that (as usual) apart from the limping she is showing no other signs of pain and still trying to throw herself around the place like an idiot. I'm definitely going to be asking for an x-ray. I don't really like the thought of sedating her at her age but if it has to be done, it has to be done. I just want her leg to get better so she can go back to being a normal puppy!

Members online

No members online now.