i found a tooth?

yoko

i found the tooth of my puppy on the floor. it's her right side canine tooth... i was wondering how you could tell if it was a puppy tooth? yoshi is about 5 months old now, give or take a week or so and so i was wondering if this was normal? she was chewing on this little chew toy and it just popped out. she's about knee high on me now and it's barely the size of my pinky fingernail.. it bleed a tiny bit but not that much and she didn't really notice that it was gone.

Adrienne

Just the time for losing teeth. Perfect age to start. Put it under a pillow for her so the toothfairy comes! :D A lot of times you don't get to find them because they will just swallow them. I kept on of each of my dog's puppy teeth as keepsakes!

yoko

it doesn't look like a clean.. pop out... or what ever you'd call it. there might be a tiny chuch stuck in her gums still... i have the whole tooth just the root part isn't straight. is that ok?

Adrienne

The root shouldn't come out with the puppy teeth. They also have a tendancy to look "ragged". Most likely it is just fine. You can always take a peek in her mouth, you will most likely see a new tooth starting to pop up or else a just an empty hole "socket".

yoko

well not the root like.. the top of the tooth that was in the gum. i just see an empty hole... like when a person looses a tooth

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
Haha, the I remember this in Rocky's time. Except he started at 4 months. I think he's lost all his teeth now-- he's going to be in a little pain so he's going to be aggravated and he's probably going to irritate you about it... so just a future reference there.

That's perfectly normal! Cherish the thought that you got a puppy tooth! I found MANY of Eli's and have them to this day in a camera film vial. I even had a couple of my horse while growing up! His HUGE molar teeth that were like one inch by 1/2 inch in diameter. For my 40th birthday, my loving mother made them into earrings for me!!!! :eek:

Ash47

Taco Dog
Oh that sounds like a good idea Elin!! About the earrings. I have a lot of Roxy's teeth. When she would lose one, she would paw at her mouth and start licking her nose like she was trying to get it out. LOL So I would go over there and pull it. Hers are so tiny. I can imagine how big your horses teeth were! :eek:

Members online