OMG..Hammie ran off...

Debi

I was frantic for a half hour...sheer panic. You think they are trained..but there is always a moment. He slipped past me..ran out the door. I tried calling, he wanted me to chase him. I tried ignoring him...he ran off. OH MY GOD!!!! I then went on the search. I was just putting Addie in the pen to set out in my car when suddenly he came out of nowhere. I just let him follow her into the pen........now I can collapse. My heart is pounding still... just when you think they know all the rules...they act on impulse. I'm still shaking. WHEW.

Purr

~3 Mutts~
Wow! Debi, I'm glad Hammie came back! Mine took off on me the other day...amazingly, he came when I called him. I couldn't believe it.

Saje

Island dweller
Naughty Hammie! You should try playing dead. Throw yourself on the ground and act dead. They always get so concerned. :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
you scared me..... good! Glad all is well now. Snout to nose..what i told Aaron when he first tried his wings ......ITS WRONG TO SCARE THE MAMA! Tell him that for me..AAron listened..after that i just didn't know when he did stuff..good grief!

Saje

Island dweller
Just pretend you fainted. They are like MOMMMM!!!! and run over lol

I bet that was scary! Blackie took off one time (I had let him off leash to go up to the house and he just took off), and we looked for him 3 times and called for him, but he still wasn't showing up. He finally came back about 30min. later. He scared the heck out of me because we didn't see him anywhere!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh Debi, what a heart pounding moment you had. I'm so glad Hammie is back; what was he thinking put that fear into his mother. Give him a hug, a kiss, and a "don't worry mommy like that again because I love you"!

bubbatd

Nothing makes your heart pound more. Chip didn't run off, but I was scared you-know-what-less not too long ago. We live on a very quiet street....so narrow 2 cars can't even pass. Chip always walks with me to carry in the morning paper. He always has a long sqat pee ( 3 min.s) and the mail had come, so I took the neighbor's in a plastic bag to hang on their door. (they are invalids) as I was walking home, I saw Chip stopping his squat and coming to me, ...and some stupid driver was racing down this road. I yelled "stop" stay and was running to try to slow the car...we both hit the road at the same time...along with the car between us. It was so close that Chip's nose tip was actually brushed to one side by the fender. Not a yelp or mark, just his waggly self saying,
'where's my paper" !!! He never knew why my knees were knocking and I hugged him to pieces. These idiots who speed in an area like here....she had to be going 50 mph !Never slowed down though she must have seen us.

nedim

BigDog2191 said:
Whoah, I bet that was scary!

Sorry, to hear it. These GSD's, so naughty.
Sorry if this is off topic, but Rocky is sssssssssooooooooo adorable! :D

Tell Hammie I said he was a Big Naughty!

I swear, just about the time you think they've grown up and become dependable, solid creatures they do something to remind you that underneath it all they are still hearing the call of the wild, however faint, and once in awhile they'll answer, even if it's just for a moment.

Purr

~3 Mutts~
I've never tried playing dead. If they don't come when called (I think maybe they each came once :rolleyes: ), I either yell "wanna cookie?!" or, I turn around, and run the other way. They can't ever resist following, if you're running. It's great.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I run off and hide!!!! Works like a charm because then Gus gets all worried that I've gone missing and he comes to find me! Never takes long cuz I always start to giggle!! :D It's great because after that initial panic he won't let me out of his sight! ;) Mummy: 1, Gus: 0 Lol! :D

bogolove

Purr said:
I've never tried playing dead. If they don't come when called (I think maybe they each came once :rolleyes: ), I either yell "wanna cookie?!" or, I turn around, and run the other way. They can't ever resist following, if you're running. It's great.

Yes, because they think you have found something really good, so usually they have to come and check it out.

Naughty Hammie! I am so glad that he came right back. Whew!

Members online

No members online now.