Passing around stomach bug?

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
This is kind of baffling my mind lol.

A couple weeks ago Juno started having a few mornings during the week where she'd wake up nauseous - she'd wake up and run straight outside to munch on grass, then when she came back in she'd hesitantly eat her breakfast. Never actually saw her vomit and she never had diarrhea. And after breakfast she'd be fine the rest of the day. This went on for a couple weeks but it's been a few days since it last happened.

One day early this week Happy woke up and did the same thing - refused breakfast completely (never happens), went outside and ate a bunch of grass, vomited a couple times and was a bit lethargic. Ate dinner fine. The next couple days were similar - wake up, eat no breakfast or only eat half of it, go into hiding but by the afternoon would be fine. She's been fine and normal the last couple days.

Now today Lucy woke up and darted outside to eat grass and spent about 45 minutes doing so. She ate breakfast, no vomit, but was a little subdued. Once again... by afternoon was normal. Guess we'll see what happens tomorrow morning.

What gives? Why are my dogs taking it in turns to get sick and why is it only happening first thing in the morning??

I don't know, but today was the first dog puke-free day in this house since Tuesday. If it wasn't one, it was another. No one got really down and out sick, either. DOG PUKE IS TAKING OVER MINNESOTA.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Oh good, it's not just my house then lol. It seemed to take a little bit of a toll on Happy but ya know... she's an old lady and all that.

When it started with Juno I thought it was just a "hunger pukes" kind of thing, so I started giving her a couple cookies at bedtime... but once it struck the other dogs I guess that evidently was not the case :eek:

Members online