how long to tape an ear?

Dekka

Just try me..
Strange question. I don't think ear taping fixes an ear that was definitly going to go wonky. BUT Kat's one ear is starting to 'arch' a little instead of fold tightly. So I taped it.

How long does one leave an ear taped for? She couldn't care less its taped.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
when training jaspers to stand i taped for a week then tape came off on bath day, bath dry and give it the day....if it stayed up all dyay i didnt retape unless it started to droop, took about a month to get them up and staying up.
shes right at the age now where shes teething right? that always makes ears go a little wonky

Dekka

Just try me..
Yes she is at the teething age. Its likely teething related but neither of the other two are having wonky ear (of course lol)

ACooper

I didn't pay attention to who started the thread, I thought this was a cropped taping question, LOL

Don't know a thing about natural ear taping, but I do know for crops it's recommended to keep them in tapes until AFTER teething is done (minimum)..........I doubt that helps, just thought I'd throw it out there, LOL

Until teething is over. Just to be safe.

All my sheltie friends subscribe to the "better safe than sorry" mantra. They say start taping as a baby and take the tape down and clean the ears regularly, give the ears time to breathe, then put them back in tape. Usually by 7-8 months the ears can come out of tape permanently.

Toller_08

I taped Dance's ears until she was a little over 8 months old, only giving them a couple of days inbetween without tape. It worked for her for the most part -- her right ear still has a bit of a funny kink in it, but nobody except for me can really tell. When I first got her her ears were really awful.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
i do agree untill after teething is generally the safest bet, but untape regularly to give them a breather and see what its doing...
this also gives you a chance to fix it if its not quite taped straight ect.

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
Until teething is over. Just to be safe.

All my sheltie friends subscribe to the "better safe than sorry" mantra. They say start taping as a baby and take the tape down and clean the ears regularly, give the ears time to breathe, then put them back in tape. Usually by 7-8 months the ears can come out of tape permanently.
I tape until at least 8-9 mos for mine, so have at it! :)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I know Red keeps her kids taped for a few months through teething and weights down the tips with nickles. I'd think a dime would suffice since Kat is so small.

Dekka

Just try me..
I took the tape off for the evening (she was taped for a couple of days) The difference is dramatic. Thanks for the advice guys :)

Members online

No members online now.