wolf

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i ran across this as i sort thru everything i own looking for two rediculous pieces of paper.and i thought i would share..i i bought this card at the thrifty store.the back is missing so i can't see who took it, but isn't he/she awesome?

Attachments

caspersmommy

I LOVE MY POOCH
That is just beautiful! I am a big fan of wolves. My living room will be covered in pictures of wolves if I can find some.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Lovely my home is a shrine to to wolves every room has some sort of wolf art I absolutly love them.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Me too..i have read a great deal bout them, and watched many specials. This one was unsual, and i have always had the card taped up by the puter, but when i moved it got buried in "stuff" in a box. I never saw eyes like that before. German shorthairs have bright coloured eyes, but not like this. i never saw any canine with eyes this bright.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
We have a wolf park near my house, where they are doing a scientific breeding programme to help release fit and genetically sound wolves back into the Pyrenees mountains! You can go along and see the wolves!! It's best to go at 4pm because that's when it's feeding time!! They are wild though, it's not like a Zoo!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I worked for one month in a kennel..the only reason i stayed so long is because i was suppose to be paid at the end of the month, not weekly..and i ended up walking off with no pay rather than to see one more day of this place. I tried to report, but the owner of the kennel was believe it or not the head of that city's humane dept. My job was to take care of 12 canadian timber wolves...it was so sad to see them like that..and i couldn't change a thing. I am glad there are programs like the one u described Gustav..

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
It warms my heart too Smkie! Glad that there are people willing to put back what they originally took away! The wolves were all shot up in the mountains because they were eating peoples livestock, another illustration as to why us humans are the worst species! We take over their homes and hunting grounds and then blame them for hunting!
All proceeds from the wolf park go into the species perservation! Which makes me happy!!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Hooorrrraaayyyy for your post Gustav! I wish the wolves i worked with were living there.

When i opened that gate to the pen that had the wolves in it at this kennel..every part of me was saying wrong wrong wrong..they were there as breeding stock for this man's new wolf cross.I hated it there. I was to take care of them and the fowl that he had no experience with either. It was all bad. I wish i could have taken each one out of there but there was no way, and even when i wailed, no one listened. This man was on the news recently for his special breed and i just gacked. i wish i could have made all the viewers get a good look at his kennels that no one is allowed to visit because they are all "gaurd" dogs..which meant they were all handled by one trainer and no one else..they were teased until mean and then released into warehouses at night. That is where i coined the phrase disposadog. The wolves were not a part of that, but because they were associated with the same area, there was no way to get anybody willing to investigate. It was a terrifying place,,,and so not what wolves are really about.

Members online