Is this a good gift?

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what to get my sister for her 17th birthday present. She's mentioned wanting a Tiffany necklace as a gift, but that's something I'll probably do for her 18th birthday or graduation. I like their graduation themed necklaces and I don't want to do the same brand 2 years in a row!

Here's the necklace I'm thinking about. It's sterling silver:

http://www.nahoku.com/jewelry-type/...lii-three-flower-necklace-chain-included.html

She's pretty girly... likes Coach, cardigan sweaters, and simple jewelry.

So, yay or nay? Thoughts?

ETA: The other one I'm looking at would be the teardrop/dew drop Tiffany necklace:

It's more than twice the price of the above necklace, and not as pretty! She likes that one and the bow, but the bow apparently isn't sold anymore.

Last edited:

Locke

I would get her something that's not a necklace since you're going to get her a special necklace for her next birthday or graduation.

What about some really nice eye shadows and mascara or other make up?

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Of course, her birthday is next week! I'll see her the weekend after her birthday, so I'm just going to send a card out now and then give her the gift when she's here.

My mom's birthday is a week after my sister's, so I need to get on that as well. I'm usually on top of getting gifts, but I've been so busy lately and the dates really came up on me this year!

CaliTerp07

I would get her something that's not a necklace since you're going to get her a special necklace for her next birthday or graduation.

What about some really nice eye shadows and mascara or other make up?
I'd agree--I'm not sure I'd double up on necklaces two years in a row. Plus, as much as I like the flower one you posted a zillion times more than the tiffany one, if she wants tiffany is she going to be satisfied with anything else? Teens are so name conscious!

Though if your heart (and hers) are set on a necklace, I think the one you selected is very pretty.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
What about a bracelet from Pandora? The leather ones come in a bunch of colors and there are so many super cute beads.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I'd agree--I'm not sure I'd double up on necklaces two years in a row. Plus, as much as I like the flower one you posted a zillion times more than the tiffany one, if she wants tiffany is she going to be satisfied with anything else? Teens are so name conscious!

Though if your heart (and hers) are set on a necklace, I think the one you selected is very pretty.
I was thinking this as well. I'm not set on a necklace for next year, so maybe I'll do the Tiffany one this year.

What about a bracelet from Pandora? The leather ones come in a bunch of colors and there are so many super cute beads.
Good idea!

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
For anyone wondering the outcome, I decided to go with a (massive) Coach bag that she wanted. I'll do the Tiffany necklace with the graduation pendant next year, since I feel it will be a more meaningful gift then.

:)

K

Kaydee

My best buddy will give something like a handbag then tuck a gift card in too, make it even more special...I might suggest a gift card from Sephora:)

Put in in a red envelope or something though, buddy has tucked goodies into bags that I didn't find until months later

Members online

No members online now.