stray pregnant cat showed up in our barn

T

tessa_s212

And I can't catch her. I was able to lure her with a can of tuna. The other female cat we have out there doesn't like to let her eat, so she was hungry enough to continue to eat as I stroked her back. Was able to feel her tummy. Very, very firm. She's ready to pop. And I don't have time to slowly let her get to know me. If she goes off and has the kittens where we can't find them, and we don't see them until they are 6+ weeks old, and then have to take several weeks to get the kittens to coe around.. they'll be too old to rehome, and I'll have the burden of having to spay any females in the litter. ARG.

Our plan of action was to catch her and put her in our great dane sized crate (already has straw lining it and stacked around it to keep it plenty warm for kitties). That way the kitties would be accessible. If mommy wouldn't allow us around them, we coudl at least then take them as soon as we could start putting them on soft food and socializing them, so they could be rehomed and litter box trained.. but I really don't think I can catch her, and I can't just leave food in the crate, because all the other barn cats will get to it first.

The cat came from a neighbor that left all their cats to starve when they moved. :madgo::wall:

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
next feeding time go in with a can of tuna and lure her into the crate with it i think will be the best way of getting her locked in there
shes obviously hungry enough (and will be again) to trust you with food, so if you can get her to come to the food then out the tuna in the crate the moment you can lock her in.

id also suggest a blanket over the crate to keep it to help with stress.

T

tessa_s212

Thank you for the advice. I'm going to keep trying. It is just hard because I can't lure just her. All of them come running! Lol.

I sure hope I can help these kitties!

Members online