Parents... plllffttt

Saje

Island dweller
Last night my parents and steve and I were playing card/board games inside and I let the dogs in. Partly because they had been out in the yard most of the day and partly because it's good for them to be around more people.

So, of course, they were so excited! It's like letting a herd of cattle in the house. They are hopping and jumping all over the place and trying to climb onto laps. And I get the water bottle which I don't like to use much but I will occassionally. It's better than loosing my mind. And I just set it on the table. And they immediately start listening. And Nanook is being such a good girl now. She just sits between mom and me or mom and dad (the corner) and watches us except once where she tried to climb up on mom. Dad says, "spray her spray her! she need to know who is the boss" In the meantime I'm trying to get her to sit nicely which she does eventually. She probably would have done it sooner if everyone hadn't gotten so involved with the 'training' of Nanook. And when she sits she gets a small amount of praise but not enough for her to get all excited again and that's it.

The thing that bugs me is that Dad has owned all of 0 dogs he just happened to watch a show on dog training which is all about being the 'alpha' in the house. There's so much more to it than that. But dad thinks he's the alpha and doesn't listen. lol

Parents!!!

Saje

Island dweller
Renee!!! ROFLMAO

There's no fix for what my dad has. Hopefully he'll grow in his next life. Or be reincarnated as a frog. :D

Fran27

My mom is the same way. I know the feeling. Good thing she only comes once a year (but for a week, ugh).

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
sounds like he needs a dog..a wee baby one that will look at him with big ol baby eyes...and Renee...you just made my day! :D :D :D

Saje

Island dweller
Well they are here for three weeks (on the third week now) and I'm glad it's about once a year. :D

Saje

Island dweller
thanks Barb. I know. And they have good intentions. I just don't like people coming to my house and moving things around (mom) and telling me how to live (dad)... :rolleyes:

Just a small vent.

aurorab

Baby know that if she did something wrong than go to GG (my mom) b/c even if she says something like what did you do or were you a bad girl. She's saying it in a baby voice and petting her. I don't have to get mad a t her often but when she runs off to find GG and she protects her it kind of ruins what I was trying to do... Oh and she does the same thing w/ my sisters kids. She says that it's a grandmothers job to spoil the grandkids and protectect them from their parents. AAAAHHHH parents can drive ya crazy sometimes! Luckily it's not all the time. Oh well I guess she's getting us back for everything my sister and I put her through as kids.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
lol exactly aurora. i was going to say, do you know why they do that? lol. My mom and dad will do it to my kids and Im sure I will do it to my grandkids lol. It's all about payback :D Trust me my mom reminds me of this all the time lol. She just tells me i would be better off not having any and just having dogs if they are going to be anything like i was as a child haha. how nice huh.

I'm lucky though. My parents don't interfere with what I do. They know my dog is my responsibility and they let me deal with that responsibility. My mom does try to clean sometimes though. but it makes her happy and it means i don't have to clean it. haha

Saje

Island dweller
lol Yeah I probably will. I spray all the time. But then I get sprayed back. :D

I think the next time I'm at my parents house I'll rearrange all of their cupboards since my mom always 'organizes' here. I hate it when I can't find stuff.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
rearranging their cupboards? now it may be just me but doesn't that sound like .... WORK lol just teasing :D

LOL! It won't take a lot of rearranging, just some tactical things, like changing where the spare toilet paper is kept and moving the coffee (or whatever their morning beverage is) to another cabinet . . . :eek:

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
HAHAHAHA moving the spare toilet paper haha wouldn't that be hilarious. i would only do that if i knew i would be there to witness the first time someone went in and ran out of toilet paper. HAHAHAHA what an ordeal that would be lol

Yeah, lol! I subscribe to the minimalist school of disruption. If you do a lot of disrupting, it gets noticed and put to rights before there's any fun . . . but if you just move a few tactically crucial things no one thinks about it until it's too late . . . :D

Members online

No members online now.