Snickers, RIP.

corgi_love

Snickers
1995 - 8/14/08

I've been wanting to make a post about my baby girl, but I decided not to because I've never mentioned her before. But I want to make one last tribute to her. She's the family dog that's been around for the past 13 years. She was mostly my Dad's dog, but we all loved her and cared for her. She was a rescue from a shelter that picked her up off death row. She was only about 6 months old at the time and had been so severly beaten that she has terrible back problems and was scared of just about everything(including cameras, so she was hard to get a picture of). We were told by our vets that she wouldn't live past 4, but she obviously proved everyone wrong.

I named her Snickers because when we got her, she was all the colors of a Snickers bar. As she got older, though, her colors faded- though she's always been beautiful. She was a Terrier-Poodle mix and she gave the BEST hugs. She'd lift her head and rest it in my shoulder and would sit there for however long I needed a Snicker-hug. She was a lick-a-holic, and even when she was in pain she had room for licking us until we were soggy. Sometimes her nose would turn pink she'd lick so much! She'd love to try to catch lizards, sometimes we'd look outside to check on her and we'd see her inching OH so slowly towards a big lizard on the wall. Her attempts were always failures but it never stopped her from trying. When my Dad drove a his amazingly loud Mustang, when it came around 5 PM Snickers would wait inside for the noise of his car, and she always heard it before we did. We'd always know he was minutes from home when Snickers would run to the door howling with excitement.

She was a great dog. She had problems with her past but she got through them. I had a really bad feeling before I moved away to Tennessee that it would be the last time I'd see her. So I spent a lot of time with her before I left. I was going to come down in December and I wish that she would have stuck around long enough so I could see her one last time. She was my pal, my baby girl, and I'll miss her always. RIP Snickers.

^This picture was the last one of her, only a few days before she passed away.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I can see the love in her eyes. I'm so sorry she's gone. Try to remember all the good times you shared.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Aww, she was very beautiful. I'm glad she had you guys in her life, and I'm glad that you got to share your lives with her. She looks like a very special dog.

corgi_love

Thanks everyone. She was a really great dog, I think she had a really great life with us! It makes it easier to know that even though she had a hard time in the beginning, she really was happy the rest of her life.

She had such bad back problems that she never could run without pain, it makes me happy to think she can finally run without hurting. <3

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Sounds like you gave her a wonderful life to make up for her horrible beginning. Thank goodness you were there for her that would have been a tragedy to put down such a beautiful dog. RIp SNickers. I Hope your with our chaz angels now.

Members online

No members online now.