CARO trial

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
So our trainer for rally is the judge of a trial next month and she encouraged the class to take the premium, get a CARO number, and sign up for the trial...

So we don't care if we NQ from lack of experience.. We could use getting used to the atmosphere. We will keep practicing (we have a month) and while we are doing alright, our heel is a little draggy or pully sometimes.

We worked hard on 'watch me' last month and it improved our relationship loads, and Cider pays more attention to me.. But I was wondering if anyone had tips on what we should do with this next month that may be more beneficial than stuff I can come up with being new at anything Ob like..

MafiaPrincess

Bump..

You don't have to compete in CARO.. anyone with Rally or Ob experience I'd love your advice...

sam

I'd say go for it. If you aren't all that prepared but you can still have fun in the ring and make it a good experience for your dog then go for it. I was so over prepared for our first trial (because I was nervous) and Rosie and Sammy tied for HIT with perfect scores-- haven't had a perfect score since:lol-sign: .

MafiaPrincess

Oh wow. That's darn fantastic though.
Most people we've met online we so overly prepared many got RNMCL titles of getting over 190 on average in CARO novice.
But.. my agility instructors had the same rally instructor I did and she encouraged them to take this trial too and they feel way un prepared..

We are working on attention and heeling patterns in the kitchen especially the harder ones.. I'm nervous but I sent in my trial application on friday.. I just hope we can have there.

Any suggestions on maybe where to work on heeling that is more trial like than the kitchen, lol?

Members online