Work from home

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Just curious... Anyone know anything about real work from home opportunities that AREN'T things like partylite, scentsy, home show type things? That isnjust NOT my thing at all.

I would love to be able to earn a few bucks at home on my schedule but with so many scams I am wondering if anyone has any experience. :)

I did internet assessment through Lionsgate for a bit. It was not for me so I didnt last long but several of my friends did it for a couple years.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I have a family relation who does logging audio to text (she listens to a speech, play, lecture etc..) and types down exactly what is said/a few other administrative stuff (like data reviewing and things like that)

Most of it is really flexible and doesn't require really learned skills (other than a few instructions you are given)..it just takes a big chunk of time to kind of sit down and get it done (multi-tasking is not an option usually) BUT She works through Flexjobs, they make sure there are no scams and she picks up jobs when her schedule is light. It isn't a permanent gig but you get to pick/choose

http://www.flexjobs.com/ lots of freelance/telecommunication work

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I have a family relation who does logging audio to text (she listens to a speech, play, lecture etc..) and types down exactly what is said/a few other administrative stuff (like data reviewing and things like that)

Most of it is really flexible and doesn't require really learned skills (other than a few instructions you are given)..it just takes a big chunk of time to kind of sit down and get it done (multi-tasking is not an option usually) BUT She works through Flexjobs, they make sure there are no scams and she picks up jobs when her schedule is light. It isn't a permanent gig but you get to pick/choose

http://www.flexjobs.com/ lots of freelance/telecommunication work
Thank you :)

Its hard to explain but basically you look at results from an internet search and rate them.

There are all kinds of crazy rules and examples and it drove me crazy because my brain doesnt work like they wanted it to lol...but its not really "hard" and they totally train you.

There also arent set hours to do it which is nice, can just fit it in when you can

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Its hard to explain but basically you look at results from an internet search and rate them.

There are all kinds of crazy rules and examples and it drove me crazy because my brain doesnt work like they wanted it to lol...but its not really "hard" and they totally train you.

There also arent set hours to do it which is nice, can just fit it in when you can
It may be worth a shot. :) our preschool is having a big enrollment crisis and I may be out of a job this year so looking for just a little something on the side. :)

Do you have a link?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
My uncle was just saying last night that this is what my cousin has been doing:
http://fiverr.com/

I legit know nothing about it right now, but apparently it is working well enough for him. He got laid off and was between jobs and started doing this. He doesn't have a lot of expenses though, so it's not like he's making enough to pay a mortgage or anything off it.

Apparently what he does is do video testimonials and stuff. And he's gotten a few companies who send him all their work now because they like him. I guess there's a whole bunch of stuff you can do on there though!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I know some people who do medical transcription from home. You have to take a course to learn "doctor speak", but it supposedly pays pretty well.

Whatever happened to Hannah's Hands? I wear the earrings you made nearly every day and have been wanting more.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
My uncle was just saying last night that this is what my cousin has been doing:
http://fiverr.com/

I legit know nothing about it right now, but apparently it is working well enough for him. He got laid off and was between jobs and started doing this. He doesn't have a lot of expenses though, so it's not like he's making enough to pay a mortgage or anything off it.

Apparently what he does is do video testimonials and stuff. And he's gotten a few companies who send him all their work now because they like him. I guess there's a whole bunch of stuff you can do on there though!
Thanks for the link :) good to know. I don't need anything full time or anything but just something extra to take the place if the preschool has tomclose this uear which was only 8 hours a week but provided
Our "mad money" :)

I know some people who do medical transcription from home. You have to take a course to learn "doctor speak", but it supposedly pays pretty well.

Whatever happened to Hannah's Hands? I wear the earrings you made nearly every day and have been wanting more.
I still have my etsy sight but things are very ebb
And flow there. Valentines day, mothers day, wedding season, Christmas... I am quite busy. Other times it is hit and miss.

I an so glad to hear you still love your earrings :) I don't often get to hear feedback later on beyond when people first receive their items :D

Funny thing... First time I typed out love... I typed lobe lol

Bunny82

It may be worth a shot. :) our preschool is having a big enrollment crisis and I may be out of a job this year so looking for just a little something on the side. :)

Do you have a link?
I am not sure if this helps but I am awaiting for a test in my email for a company called Lionsbridge. The position I applied for "internet assessor" or something like that.

http://www.lionbridge.com/careers/

Other similar companies (I believe) are:

http://www.appenbutlerhill.com/
https://www.leapforceathome.com/qrp/public/home

I think they all require you take and pass some kind of qualifications tests prior to hiring.

Most of the work at home jobs I come across are either sales/customer service based phone jobs requiring a landline. I am not a fan of sales and I get flustered on phone interviews plus my house lacks the required quiet work space so I avoid those lol or at least lean towards ones that are more "forgiven" in their requirements.

I just signed up for some freelance websites today, I am hoping if I am willing to complete projects for a low enough amounts someone will take a chance on me and I can get some experience behind me leading to higher paying projects.

I also have been doing MTurk with Amazon. I have been with them for a bit and always just did it for fun for spending money on Amazon, but I heard people say that you can actually make decent if you quality for some of the higher rated jobs so I am bringing up my score(?) to see if its worth it or not.

Basically if I can do it from home on my own hours I do it lol.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I would also like to know more about working from home (being as gas is getting more expensive & I will be out here in the middle of nowhere when I move out here). All the google links don't seem vey legit & it's tough to seller ate the fake from the real :/

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
There's totally a section on Fiver where you can offer up pet models... I'm thinking of dumping the boys up. And maybe stealing Georgie since she totally looks like a perpetual puppy. Yes. Yes.

"HAVE YOUR BUSINESS NAME WRITTEN ON PAPER IN FRONT OF THESE FOUR SHELTIES"

For this you will pay me $5.

I don't know if you've ever considered it, but how about doing some in-home child care for an extra kid or two? You would have to check with the state laws and see how many you could have in the house without being licensed, but I know a lot of SAHM who do just that - it doesn't always pay the same as if they had a "normal" outside of the home job, but it usually makes what they would be otherwise paying in childcare at least. Just thinking about skills you already have that you could turn cash for. Craigslist here pretty frequently has parents looking for somebody to watch their kids, sometimes just a "please pick my kid up from school at 3, give him a snack, tell him to do his homework, and I will pick him up at 5:30" type of deal. Might be something to consider...

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
My friend recently told me about LeapForce. He's going to try to get on with them. Supposedly there's a test to get in and it's really hard, but you could give it a try!!

Members online

No members online now.