Most Bizarre/Senseless Dog Products You've Seen

milos_mommy

Recently at the verizon store, I saw a device for your dog that allows him to use GPS and texting. The advertisement was something like a picture of a dog in a park with a thing on his collar, and his owner getting a text that says "At the park!" I was like "waaaaat?"

Apparently, it's kind of like a microchip, except not. If your dog is lost, you can have a GPS signal sent to your phone to find him, and if he ends up somewhere like a vet's office or something, the device will text you to tell you where he is.

LilahRoot

Recently at the verizon store, I saw a device for your dog that allows him to use GPS and texting. The advertisement was something like a picture of a dog in a park with a thing on his collar, and his owner getting a text that says "At the park!" I was like "waaaaat?"

Apparently, it's kind of like a microchip, except not. If your dog is lost, you can have a GPS signal sent to your phone to find him, and if he ends up somewhere like a vet's office or something, the device will text you to tell you where he is.
Ok, that's kind of cool.:p

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Shortly after writing I wanted the toaster, I remembered that I am allergic to gluten and do not eat bread, haha. I guess I'll just buy it and make toast for everyone in my household.
Because that's the only sensible thing to do.

misfitz

Ruddy Buttinski
Sienna has one of those GPS things! Not sure if it's the same one, but I got her this: http://www.pettracker.com/ when I had to leave her with my parents for the holidays. (I'm not paranoid at all LOL.)

It's pretty cool, actually. It sends text and email alerts when the dog leaves the "zone" and then you can track where they are. It also alerts you when the dog is back in the zone. I knew exactly when she was getting walked and where. :) It also tracks the dog's activity level which is kind of neat.

Now that I'm home I don't make her wear it all the time (it doesn't fit on her rolled leather collar and she looks silly in a flat one) but I will definitely use it for offleash hikes, etc. Someday hopefully they will make actual microchips with GPS, then there won't be so many unclaimed stray dogs in the shelters. :(

Members online

No members online now.