do boxers come in black?

Yes, white dogs...you can label pets, been there done that, what i am saying is literally you cannot grade the total quality of a litter before they are old enough to even open their eyes...

Yes, if there is a puppy with extra flash, watch it, but white on a boxer does shrink as the puppy grows, so don't throw the baby out with the bathwater on THAT ONE!
Halo's sister Ruby was extremely flashy at birth, more than i prefer now, but perfectly within standard....

So i have to go with a no on this one..you can have an idea of quality, but before the little buggers are even getting around...you pretty much look at head type...(in boxers) and that is going to change too!

S

Phoenixangelwyngs

Zookeeper Extraordinaire!
So, let's say I'm in the market for a good boxer.... what breeders do you guys recommend? Since, everyone has said what isn't allowed or who isn't good..... focus on the positive people! :popcorn:

Pops2

what do you want from your boxer? show dogs then go to a boxer only forum where showing is highly thought of. if you want no joke performance boxers for protection ask on the bandog board and they'll send you to a breeder in ontario who produces serious protection dogs that also happen to be more like the boxer of the 1930s in conformation. but you can see what i mean, a good quality of any breed is based entirely on perspective.

yes focus on the positive, but what happens when the bad outweighs the positive...

If someone wants a true recommendation for good breeders, there are a ton of resources, and they can PM me to links for breeder listings...

S

My Pit mix Gus looked to be Golden Retriever colored, on the darker side, with white feet, chest, and muzzle, but he was actually a mix of colors that appeared to be "red". The individual hairs were light tan, with a brick red tip, on top. Under that coat, there was a lot of brindle, with swirls of very dark brown and light tan. I've never seen a coat like his before or since. I need to get my scanner set up, so I can post pics.

King looks black and white, but his eyebrows, white now, were actually very dark brown. Everywhere he was that dark brown is white, or turning white now. That includes places on his legs, neck, and the eyebrows. It's no shock, since mom was obviously a solid black Lab/Doberman mix.

Yeah, they are getting 1800 for unproven pedigrees with very....um...."unstandard" parents ....how does THAT work...but if i asked 2k for a puppy from health tested puppies from parents that were shown and maybe even finished...i would be "making money" lmfao

HI E!!!

S

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
In Akitas you can get an interesting thing, because the dog can have black/dark stripes,...on a black/dark background. The dog is a genetic brindle, and when bred it shows that, but since both stripes and body color are the same or nearly so...it does not "show".

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
My brother has two that are so heavily brindled they look black. Now that they're older you can see the brindling a little more clearly, especially if they're in the sun.

Puppy:

Slightly more recent:

I have no idea what the breeder he got them from is like.

Romy

Taxiderpy
In Akitas you can get an interesting thing, because the dog can have black/dark stripes,...on a black/dark background. The dog is a genetic brindle, and when bred it shows that, but since both stripes and body color are the same or nearly so...it does not "show".
We get the same thing with borzois. Strider's father was a recessive red/gold. No brindling at all could have possibly come from him. His mother was black and white, with black ticking. She might even be a tri-white, but I can't tell by looking because the white is covering the areas that would be tan on a tri. Anyway, she is genetically brindle under it all but it is invisible. Strider and several siblings are red brindles.

There's another form of 'invisible' brindling that is present in Cardigans. :) If you have a dog who is dilute red (chinchilla, called 'Texas Pink' in Cardis after a well known dog :p) they can actually be brindle (even homozygous brindle) without it being visible- the black stripes are diluted. (How? Can't tell you, I jus tknow that one of the Pinks was a homozygous brindle based on what he produced.)

Cait

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Are boxers DA at all? The more I see of well bred boxers, the more I want one.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
A lot of boxers frequent the dog park I go to, they are great, so goofy

..but they all taught kenya had to play with her front feet! lol she looks so funny

Members online