breeding horses

Y

yuckaduck

I have had a few people PM about breeding appaloosa mares and how you can guarantee colour. Well any horse can throw colour however rule of thumb is solids with a few spot guarantee loud colouring usually, there are always exception. My stallion is a leopard, so if I breed him with a few spot or a solid usually we get nice colour but if bred to another leopard usually we get a solid. Anything can happen because it also depends on the pedigree and what is furthur back in the bloodlines. Jokers mom was a solid chestnut[Amber's Flame] and his father was a few spot {Silver Chinook} so he came out a leopard. The Silver Joker. I try to estamate to the best of my ability but there is no guarantee in the end.

wildwings811

a.k.a: agilitydobemom
A good place to look about color genetics is on the Appy webpage I havn't been thare in a long time it has been over 10 years since I owned an Appaloosa (had them for seven years then got into TWH's) but they used to have a great chart for Appaloosa breeders to try to estimate how their foals would turn out

Yuckaduck- by chace what are your Joker stallions lines I used to have some Joker bred Appys

Y

yuckaduck

mom side was Amber's Flame out of Y's Wapita's Superson

dad was Silver Chinook which the only Joker back there is Joker's Pine Bar

I think he got Silver from daddy and Joker because he always makes everyone laugh, he is a real clown.

We have figured out exactly what we will get with whom we breed. Trial and error at first but no matter what colour he has outstanding foals. They come out with his size [16hh] and his superb temperment.

wildwings811

a.k.a: agilitydobemom
Jokers Pine Bar I had to fillys that had him in their lines they were great horses and if I can find a pic of them I will post it

That is good size for an Appy and temperment? that is good too considering that most Appaloosas are the most stubborn things LOL:)

Y

yuckaduck

His mom and dad were both very stubborn and I know Superson was a major pain in the butt but he is outstanding which I love and he passes it back to all the foals so far. Even the little Arabian mare's foal was pretty settled. I too will try to get a picture posted of Joker for you. Thanks.

Y

yuckaduck

I can't get my attachments to work right now so as soon as I get it fixed I will post pictures of Joker.

Y

yuckaduck

ok I got someone else who is going to post them tomorrow but the pictures are rather blurry. I can't help it because my camera is not working properly but it is better than nothing. Will get better when I get camera fixed or replaced.

Y

yuckaduck

Mine should turn up today, I'm computer illeterate so I don't know how to do it but someone else is. There are four and they are big so it may take awhile. I'll be as excited as you because the pictures were real fuzzy so I kinda wonder how they will look once posted.

Y

yuckaduck

Soon I have been assured, the pictures or at least one will show up. The photobucket doesn't want to work right now.

Y

yuckaduck

Sorry the quality is not the best here but my camera is not working properly and photobucket will not allow me to resize so they are hugh. Anyone who can pass this information on to me please feel free.
Picture#1 is this years foal, an example of what Joker gives us.
Picture#2is the Silver Joker 8 year old stallion
Picture#3 is a son of Joker 5 years old
Picture#4 is a daughter of Joker 5 years old
Picture #5 is one of my other stallions Superson Harry 2 years old

Y

yuckaduck

Thank you I am very disappointed in the quality of the pictures they are so fuzzy. Oh well better then nothing.

Y

yuckaduck

Dakotah_2009 said:
true..but I like the very first one. Nice looking colt!
Yes she's a filly and a beauty. Really nice to work with too. Nice easy going temperment just like daddy.

Members online

No members online now.