Hyia is learning

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Hyia may be his playmate, and I may be his Mama, and GG may be his sponsor, but we all know who Ressie really belongs to.

Sancho washed that little white paw for a long time even after being tackled, pounced on, stalked most of the morning.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
And soooo the top of my piano is cleared as well. We aren't even going to entertain the idea of having a tree this year. IT's been rainy and cold all day so no outside play time and boy howdy can I tell the difference.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Huck was in fine form this morning too. I have a scratch on my face from him banking off my head this morning and a variety f scratches from him climbing me like a tree. Then there was the running laps around he dogs and pouncing on Sawyer's pants.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Sorry about your face. He always did like fluffy pirate pants. Must be the age. All of that with REssie just to look in the vent by the ceiling, and a screw up on the wall near the celing on the other side. You would think all that nice white fur could move some dust while he is up there, but guess not. So now I have to. He will be too heavy to get away with these antics soon. He was sitting on top of the piano looking at the ceiling fan and I was uh oh..no you don't. spraying him with a water bottle is just laughable. He could care less. That's fun. SO is sticking your feet in the bath water.

THe nail thing is one thing Ressie is super careful about, thank you very much Sancho. I like to bury my face in his fur and he grabs my head and play attacks but there is never ever any nails in it. Sancho deserves a medal for that.

IF they are so full of devilment I keep thinking omygosh Ninja must be a holy terror.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Love the pic of them in the box together.

Smkie, I think Sancho was always that way. Maine Coons are so special and so sweet. They are the only breed I would ever own.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Due to Huck's coloring I think REssie is part the same. That limberness tho, that I think is all Siamese. Guess it is go back to the vet time for his gut is not right.
I found some info that said it may take several stool samples to detect giardiasis tho I don't know why the meds can't make it go away once and for all. He has been on more then he has not. sighs He doesn't act sick, but his tummy feels a little bloated to me and there were signs last night that leave no doubt something is wrong.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
He's still Pepper's baby too. This was taken about 10 minutes ago. vid

Pepper only moved her head away because she tought I was going to use the flash. I have a soft flash now, but that last camera left a bad impression. I waited utnil they were fully asleep to take this.

Last edited:

gapeach

Big Mutts
How adorable is that?! We are working towards this picture as our goal with Gracie and Zoey.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Play station for Recess. IF no one will play, and I can't I try to find new things for him to do. Usually that means rotating. His little rabbit fur, tho that is all his own. He has never seen the OTHER side of the mirror. So kind of funny vid, at least to me. He looked off and on all morning. ENded up just playing in front of it with his rabbit fur. Any company to play with is better than none. AT least it keeps him from climbing the walls.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Thank you! I was going back in this thread and looking at their baby pics just this morning thinking I wonder how Luna is doing and what she looks like and how big she is getting. SHe was always the strongest, largest kitten of the litter. So very nice to see her.

Back to the vet we go tomorrow. I called Friday and hoped I could pick up the meds sat but there was some kind of mix up so it had to wait until Monday which is not what I wanted. Poor Ressie has some pretty awful stuff to deal with. Not very playful today either. Tho it is so cold no one is really getting away from the fire place or the covers.

Tell the new owners that Hyia says she's beautiful and thank you for giving her such a good home.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Well Ressie has lots and lots of medicine now. A stool sample is going out, results tomorrow. In the meantime, syringes in the fridge, canned gentle food for his diet, a pro biotic bowel treatment in what looks like something you would put in a chalking gun. The vet said he had a gassy gut level 4 and a sore rectum. WHich I have no doubt. HE did super there on his harness and waited like a gentleman. THo he gave the most indignant look to her after he temp was taking. If it wasn't for the not for profit clinic, and the fact that he has a sponsor willing to help with all cost outside my means, he would not be here with us. She didn't think it was giardasis, but coccidiea. (sp?) on both. I know he didn't feel good yesterday, still played some, but certainly not his normal self, and that was worse then the day before. I wish we could have been seen Friday or sat. So fingers crossed, and little kitten prayers that this works. The vet did say he had an awful long tail. I thought that is just what GG said. I told her he as very proud of it and he is. SHe said he was beautiful too.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I have lost my camera. It has to be here, but for 2 days it is not. Need a find it vibe.

Vet called ( i didn't leave it there) and said the test didn't show but that' doesn't mean that there is no problem.. Hopefully this medicine will fix whatever it is. Nobody needs to bloat up and he gets sick really fast. He is on a pro biotic too, as well as in his kitten food. He seems to feel much better after two doses, and has been more affectionate with me, than ever before. whatever it is, I think my stock went up.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
The good news at least for me is I found the camera. It didn't work for a bit, but it started back up.

The bad news is the vet trip fixed nothing. ONe more dose, and the problem still exists so back we will go. We are all tired of the sick belly. Surely there is something that will help.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Can you see a different vet where you go? Sometimes one vet may be missing the obvious. I hope Ressie gets better soon. When do you have to go back?

Members online

No members online now.