Have you heard of these new foods??

showpug

This may help you understand higher protein foods & dogs: http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index.php?page=protein_myth

Many people on this forum feed both Orijen and Core and have said nothing but good things about both of these foods. I have never fed them, but from an ingredient standpoint, they are high in quality. I would personally choose Orijen over Core because the company seems more reputable IMO.

Also, you may want to check out Timberwolf Organics Wild & Natural which is grain free and a little lower in protein.
http://timberwolforganics.com/s.nl/it.A/id.101/.f?sc=2&category=-102

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I wish I can feed Orijen but Mark won't drive the 45 minutes one way to get it and only one store carries it around here. The company said a store closer to us should carry it in 2008.

My lab had gotten a couple free samples of the core from the saltwater fish store we go to and she LOVED it! I can't say much about it except she loved it, because she only got a few samples.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Cider eats Orijen. It's the best solid tiny amount of poop she's ever had, silkier coat than ever. Only food she's eaten consistently for months and never complained about and turned up her nose at.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
high protein shouldn't be a problem, but high ash content CAN be.
That's what I'd worry about in a food with 55% protein.

showpug

high protein shouldn't be a problem, but high ash content CAN be.
That's what I'd worry about in a food with 55% protein.
I don't know of any commercial foods with 55% protein? I think the grain-free formulas are all around 35% to 42%, including EVO.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
I don't know of any commercial foods with 55% protein? I think the grain-free formulas are all around 35% to 42%, including EVO.

I didn't either, until the OP said that she was feeding Innova Evo low carb (I didn't bother to look it up...is that a different "special" formula than regular Evo?) and said 55% protein.

Yeah, I don't know much about what formulas they offer since I don't feed it and, my own personal choice, never will.

Members online

No members online now.