Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

Its definitely complicated and much harder when other obstacles come into play for sure.

Time helps, even if its just getting used to the new normal and learning coping skills.

Growing up with my little brother was rough. He is, well, cant even go into all his issues really, too numerous to list. Really rare disease and had stroke at 2 which caused some fairly severe issues. He is now 29 but mentally probably around 8ish? Some ways he is much older than that, but impulse control is younger so I kind of just round it to around 8 (my mom would say more like 14 probably). He has also been on steroids as they are pretty much what kept him alive but yeah, besides all the physical side effects, they have major emotional ones too. The fits he threw were just, no words can really describe. In those types of cases it became about management and giving him the words and other outlets when he was calm. It has worked. He still has issues of course (and now he is mostly deaf and legally blind (he can see very close up by its very compromised) so that adds a lot more...but he is able to control his outbursts for the most part, we learned triggers, he learned coping skills, etc.

Eh, I had too much coffee this morning, that is all just a rambly mess really....

I guess really my point was (((hugs))).

milos_mommy

Thanks for your advice, everyone! Very helpful! I also do the "it's ok I'm just getting a glass of water I'm only taking 10 steps away you will survive" thing, sometimes it works, sometimes not, lol.

I had been distracting her when she cried because she wanted something, but it's stopped working with stuff like changing and also if she still see what she wants. She actually has seemed better with changing yesterday so maybe she's realized fighting it is futile. She did ok in the bath last night once my BF got into the tub next to her baby tub, so we might go back to co bathing. Lots of creativity lol

Mostly I'm not sure what to do about the screaming for attention thing. It's obviously a fake cry, and she'll do it either a few minutes after I put her in her playpen, jumper, crib, etc, or if I'm playing with her and stop to talk to someone else or turn my attention away. (That's when I'd be walking away from her, not every time she cried over something silly)

AlbertaLab

Hello everyone :)

I found this thread and I hope that it's ok for me to post here.

I am 19 weeks pregnant with my 1st child. We go for our ultrasound TOMORROW which is super duper exciting! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

We are due July 1st, which also happens to be my wedding anniversary.

I am 19 weeks pregnant with my 1st child. We go for our ultrasound TOMORROW which is super duper exciting! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Congrats!!!

How did the ultrasound go?

milos_mommy

Congrats!! The second half of pregnancy flies by (as will the rest of your life, I imagine)! Are you finding out the sex?

AlbertaLab

The ultrasound went great! Baby has all the necessary body parts and the heart is in full working order. The tech is about 90% certain that baby is a girl (eek!) but we're still going to keep things gender neutral just in case the 'dangly bits" were just hiding. :rofl1:

I can feel baby move a lot now, which is super cool and a nice feeling.

milos_mommy

Since I keep going to this thread to complain about Lillian and ask for advice, I'll post some about the cool fun things she's doing:

She just started dancing when she hears a song she likes
Claps, but one of her hands is the wrong way (so slaps the back of her hand)
When you say "how big are you?" She stretches her arms way up
Stands on her own for a few seconds at a time (after pulling up on something)
Cruises the furniture
Is ticklish under her arms

She'll be 8 months old in a week!

What's everyone else's LOs up to?

Paige

Let it be
Haha the clapping thing is so cute!

Briggs finally points! He is hilarious though because whenever he starts doing something typical kids do he does it in the creepiest way. He used to talk in a low growl voice that made him sound like someone from a horror movie when he started attempting speech. Now he does this weird kinked up hand claw point. LOL! But I will take it! He also waves backwards. So the pal mof his hand is facing him instead of away from him.

Blake is a little stinker. He is the toughest little baby because Briggs was and still can be quite mean to him. He can take a hit and not even be phased but now when someone tries to take something from him he hangs on for dear life and screams in their face.

Oh did I mention Briggs has a mohawk and Blake has a ginger mullet?:lol-sign: My kids are hilarious.

and look how huge Blake is now. WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BABY?!

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!

The ultrasound went great! Baby has all the necessary body parts and the heart is in full working order. The tech is about 90% certain that baby is a girl (eek!) but we're still going to keep things gender neutral just in case the 'dangly bits" were just hiding. :rofl1:

I can feel baby move a lot now, which is super cool and a nice feeling.
Awesome- I'm 19w2d with my first baby as well! We had our big anatomy scan last Monday and everything was perfect as well! Baby is even measuring a little bit ahead of my due date :)

We did a optional 3D ultrasound back at 15 weeks and were told it's a girl, and it was confirmed last Monday. I was a little afraid we'd see a hotdog instead of a cheeseburger... haha.

Awesome- I'm 19w2d with my first baby as well! We had our big anatomy scan last Monday and everything was perfect as well! Baby is even measuring a little bit ahead of my due date :)

We did a optional 3D ultrasound back at 15 weeks and were told it's a girl, and it was confirmed last Monday. I was a little afraid we'd see a hotdog instead of a cheeseburger... haha.
Awesome news Jessie! We aren't doing the 3D scan, so we can only hope that the technician was right. :)

jenv101

Bite Club
Yay two more girls! Congrats ladies!

I started back to work yesterday. Clarissa is 11.5 months old now and was a superstar at her first day at daycare. We put her in a home daycare just down the street, a neighbour that we know, so it wasn't a totally strange environment for her. Plus we went to visit a few times in the past few weeks. She's very outgoing and loved all of the action. She's extra tired today so we will see how the rest of the week goes. But so far it's been a good transition. It's weird being away from her most of the day though!

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
Nico had his very first dentist appointment on Wednesday. And they loved him. He didn't try to bite anyone when they put their fingers in his mouth and was very good about opening his mouth so they could look at all his teeth. They were very impressed that his teeth are coming in so well. The only concern was the one I brought up, and they agreed, which is this flap of skin that keeps growing over the front tooth that is where his cleft surgery was. I let her know that sometime Nico does bite down on it too hard causing the tooth to go through the skin and cause bleeding and I was worried that it could cause infection or serious issue. The dentist agreed that I had a valid concern and is writing a letter stating such and requesting if there is a way to repair it, to his surgeon at the Childrens hospital. It means an extra surgery, which I worry about but it really is a concern since it could cause a more serious infection down the road if not repaired. So better to be safe then sorry. They took pictures and that was it. They want to see us again in 6 months to see how his teeth and cleft is developing but told me to just keep doing what I was doing. Since I, and my 3 old kids have no cavities I think Nico has a good chance at having healthy teeth. At 16 months he now has 4 molars and all his front teeth.

Shakou

After TTC for 2 years and riding the ups and downs of infertility, it looks like we've finally done it! I'm finally pregnant! :D Doctors appointment Tuesday reveals more!

Taqroy

What are everyone's 1st birthday plans?!?
As little as possible. :p Actually we wouldn't be doing anything at all but my Grandpa was asking and I'm a total pushover for him. So we'll probably do a small, low key family get together. And then the zoo the next day (because that's what I want to do lol).

Members online

No members online now.