The dog musing/vent thread

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
I mailed the registration form for the agility foundations class. We're cutting it close on the deadline to get registration in...it's supposed to be delivered today. USPS hasn't updated their tracking since it left the local post office. It it's not delivered today I don't know if we'll meet the deadline because there is no mail monday. :(

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
Also training another dog in front of Cara fills her with so much woe. I was training Adele and Cara just layed there pouting. Afterwards Adele asked to go out to potty (Cara still pouting), so I asked Cara if she wanted to go out. She remained on the bed full of woe instead. It's sort of ridiculous.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
You'd thinking taking 6 dogs that know each other well would be a bad idea to take to a dog park, but it went really well!

There was 1 person per dog, except I had two dogs to watch, and it went really really well. ^_^

The only problem we had was when a big black lab lifted his leg and pee'd on me. :mad: The owners didn't even attempt to apologize. :mad:

But overall all of our dogs were really really good! Art even got a lot of pets from guys and women and two boys. :)

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I'm *really* hoping the fact that I was up twice last night due to Abrams having diarrhea is due to the fact that he got a smoked knuckle bone yesterday (and some popcorn before bed), and not due to the fact that I bought some Turkey/Potato dog food instead of my normal Salmon/Potato dog food to feed them. (The bag was 1/2 off because the ripped it unloading it from the truck. Yes, please, my wallet likes that!) I barely mixed in any of the Turkey/Potato food into his normal Salmon/Potato food last night, so if it was the food and he reacted that strongly to just such a little bit...I'm in for a world of hurt until this bag is gone.

Dagwall

My brother is finally starting to see the benefit of a second dog with our new foster now that Jubel is playing with her. He commented last night about Jubel not being an obnoxious brat the last few nights. I told him that's because he has someone else to play with instead of barking at me.

Good thing there is already someone interested in adopting her or she might end up staying if it was up to him. I'd prefer a larger dog as dog number two so I told him if she stays she stays as HIS dog.

*blackrose

I just killed a bug with the fly swatter and Abrams got all excited, so I bopped him on the head with it. BEST THING EVER. We then played a very fun game of "smack the puppy with they fly swatter" while said puppy did zoomies and jumped around like an idiot. He does the same thing when you beat him with a foam noodle.

I don't understand my dog.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Today, my dog is the best dog in the WORLD.

I left to go to Barnes and Noble. My mom was in the backyard with the dogs. I come home, maybe 30 minutes later, and as I'm pulling up in front of the house... I see Juno sitting in the middle of the yard. Just sitting, watching my car pull up. Doesn't move a muscle until I get out of the car, then she comes over. I don't see my mom outside so why in God's name is my dog out here?? We go inside, my mom is in there, and she was completely oblivious to the fact that Juno was hanging out in the front yard. Apparently my mom had opened the gate when she was in the backyard, but she never saw Juno leave. But she is thinking it must have happened pretty soon after I had left.

So why is my dog the best ever? Because she was just chilling out in the yard! She seriously looked like she was just sitting there, waiting for me to come home. The dog across the street, who she has played with multiple times, was out in his yard. She easily could have ran over there. My next door neighbors were out on their driveway. She wasn't bothering them. She just.... sat.

Now who knows, maybe she gallivanted around the neighborhood first, and then came home and sat there :D But I believe she was just plain old awesome. She totally earned the bone I had bought her earlier today.

A rant I have...

I hate it when I'm telling people about Mollie's raw diet and they say "So what does she eat every day?" I say the norm, "Well she has ground beef with liver and veggies and fish oil and sometimes an egg for breakfast, and she has chicken drumsticks for dinner, and sometimes a beef bone..." And then their face gets all shocked and they say "Don't you know you should NEVER feed a dog chicken bones?"

And I'm like "They're RAW...it's only COOKED chicken bones that are bad." Omigosh, I'm so sick of explaining about chicken bones to people!! :p

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. Had to get that off my chest.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
I never really worked with Cara much on nose targeting until today when I was working on closing doors. She's now walking around nose punching everything and then staring at me because she thinks she deserves a treat. Oh little red dog.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Ned is such a nut. He always has to be multitasking while playing! He'll have a stuffy or something squeaky in his mouth and kick/paw/step on his Holee Roller at the same time. He'll just go around in circles kicking his Holee roller and squeaking the whole way.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Ned is such a nut. He always has to be multitasking while playing! He'll have a stuffy or something squeaky in his mouth and kick/paw/step on his Holee Roller at the same time. He'll just go around in circles kicking his Holee roller and squeaking the whole way.
Okay, arrange the marriage. They are the same puppy. And post photos of him!! Feist needs to see her future groom.

SpringerLover

I volunteered to create a "how to fit and use head collars and front clip harnesses" tutorial video for work today. If they actually let me do it, I'll be amazed. I just get so frustrated when my co-workers either don't know how to fit the tools, or they don't tell the customer about the other VERY important parts of using these tools.

So, yay? Maybe I'll get to do something that'll be worthwhile!?

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Okay, arrange the marriage. They are the same puppy. And post photos of him!! Feist needs to see her future groom.
Aww I love her! Them! I actually videotaped Ned last night and I think over 2 minutes he did four combinations. First a stuffy and kicking around his Holee Roller, then the stuffy and kicking around his Planet Dog ball, then the Holee roller in his mouth still kicking around the Planet Dog toy, then the opposite.

I have been so bad about pictures. I have a bunch I haven't edited yet and then I haven't had my camera at home in probably the last 2-3 weeks. Do you have Facebook? I post cellphone pictures fairy often!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Mia and leave it.... She is great until you throw it right at her. Then she thinks the idea is to not move from her spot. So she will sit her butt down but snap at it an usually catch it anyways. Little brat.

*blackrose

Cynder is drooling? Acting completely normal, just...drooling. She didn't get in to anything that I'm aware of...but she doesn't drool. Ever. Hmmmmm....

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Panzer has been on raw chicken for the past few days because I ran out of dog food and didn't want to drive the 30 minutes to pick some up, but he is doing great on it. No bad, sloppy poops, but nice, small, firm poops. Just what I wanted. I can't wait to add other things into his diet. I have a lot of venison in my freezer. I think I plan on feeding him kibble one day and raw the next.

Members online

No members online now.