getting rid of gas

Maxy24

Tucker is gassy. He's been like that for a long time, though I don't remember if he's always been that way. We put him on TOTW High Prairie when we got him and switched him to Acana Wild Prairie when TOTW was recalled. He had been gassy on TOTW but got much worse on Acana. He was on it until maybe October but his gas had gotten so bad that my parents switched him back to TOTW and it did improve but he still pollutes the living room every night. His feet also smell really strong (fritos, but strong). Mom thinks his whole body is stinky, mostly when he runs/jumps by her face (his spot to lay is on the back of the couch behind her head). I don't smell any body odor though. Since switching back to TOTW I feel like his breath has gotten worse, but that might be my imagination (or other factors, he hasnt been getting bully sticks lately).

So do you think a diet change would help or is he just destined to be a gassy dog? If a food change would help what foods do you think I should look into?

JacksonsMom

Maybe consider something a little simpler? Maybe less protein/fat?

Jackson practically never farts, but the few times I remember him getting gassy was when we tried Blue Buffalo and Orijen Adult.

But it could just be the mix of ingredients not agreeing with him. You could try some probiotics. I'm not really a huge fan of TOTW. If you need something that is similar in cost, I would check out Fromm Classics or Gold.

It could be the Wellness canned too. Maybe try taking that away first and see if that solves the issue.

Members online