Cross Post - NC Animal Shelter has a chance to win $50k to help more animals!

rubysoho

I hope cross-posting is okay here. I won't link to the other forum.

A friend of mine rescued a pitbull, named Gunny, that had been used as a bait dog in the dog fighting "industry." The rescue organization that facilitated this blessing for Gunny is currently trying to win money through the Pepsi Refresh challenge. And they are in 1st place! The key is they need daily votes through the end of this month.

If you are interested, signing up isn't hard. You only need to provide an email address, age and the first two letters of your first and last name (so you don't have to give all your info out!). If you do not feel you have time to vote every day but still want to help then you can pm your email addy, age and the first two letters of your first and last name to me and we can vote for you. No spam mail will be delivered. At the end of the competition they send one email to make sure it is a valid address.

Thank you all so much!

Here is the initial post from my friend:

"A proposal submitted by North Mecklenburg Animal Rescue (located in NC) was selected for the national Pepsi Refresh program. $50,000 is on the line for a private, no-kill, 100% volunteer driven and donation-funded N.C dog rescue!!
VOTE HERE:

Help save those without a voice...support Kennels for K-9's project. | Pepsi Refresh Everything

We win by getting the most voter support. You can vote 1x per day starting today through May 31st. An email address is necessary to vote. Please vote now, and on EVERY DAY you happen to remember. Please pass along to supporters of animal rescue work. Also, post on Facebook, and any message boards or groups who may be supportive. Add the link to your email signature if you are looney like I am! : )

Thanks everyone!
Amy, Gunny and Co."

rubysoho

Thank you! Every vote counts!

Here is Gunny's original video. YouTube - Operation Save Gunny

He has been a great image for pitties and the ability to rescue/rahab them. Lately he has received some media attention so we are hoping to use this momentum to help the rescue group!

rubysoho

just a mini bump for today (sorry to be annoying!). This is such a great rescue group and they could really use the help.

Members online