Sunrise with Kastle (and an Aikon video)

FG167

Got up very early this morning to try to get something creative for my 52 weeks group on Flickr. I was excited to see the fog rolling in on the little lake/river I was going to check out....

And then my photos were pretty boring :(

Or maybe I am not very good at editing?

I figured there would be SOMETHING to choose from...but decided to drive farther down the road anyway and see what might be around the bend.

FG167

I am SO GLAD I did! The photos I got are way better than the boring/ugly fog photos!

Since he was such an angel for 1.5 hours of photo-taking with runners and runners with other dogs going by, I took him and Aikon swimming when it was really hot. Aikon SWAM ON HIS OWN!! This was his first time and he remembered to bring the ball back :D
[YOUTUBE]pgJJcHUjlo0[/YOUTUBE]

Here's a funny video of my dogs and cats interacting (Aikon gets a lot of out of crate time, but he's not the greatest with the cats yet and he's teething so he's super crabby)
[YOUTUBE]TY-PJx9hohE[/YOUTUBE]

If you made it this far, thanks for looking!

DJEtzel

Fantastic shots! I do like a few of the foggy ones as well, especially the ones with the bench and up close on the dock! Not quite the look you were going for there, but still great! The sunrise ones are really great!

Loved the videos as well... Especially the cat part with Limit. So precious... and whichever cat that was putting his/her paw back on Limit's after they got off the bed was priceless!

Equinox

These are all amazing!! I'm jealous of the fog, I've always wanted to try shooting in it. I think they all turned out really well.

The photos with the sun rising in the background are especially stunning <3 My favorites are the first and last of the four, but I love them all. I'll definitely have to start heading out and trying for more sunrise photos. Gorgeous lighting, and there's never anyone else out!

FG167

whichever cat that was putting his/her paw back on Limit's after they got off the bed was priceless!
It's Topsy! She's the most dog-friendly cat EVER. She LOVES the dogs. She seeks them out, she rarely gets above where they can reach (unlike Turvy), and even when Kastle puts her head in his mouth, she loves it LOL

These are all amazing!! I'm jealous of the fog, I've always wanted to try shooting in it.
The fog looked way cooler than I managed to capture. I just...don't know how to shoot in fog...or how to edit my photos in it. Or maybe Kastle needs to be further into it? I'm not sure. It's foggy here in the am alll the time so if I can figure out what I want to do, I can try again fairly soon.

I think the first photo there is my favorite, actually.

Kastle is lovely.
Thank you! I was thrilled with that shot when I first got there. And then I was editing and it seemed boring...but I loved how he looks like he's just waiting for the fog to burn off so he can swim :)

I really like 3, 5 & 6 of the fog and 1 & 2 of the sunrise. :)

They're great pictures and a really great subject. ;)
Thank you!

Two, five, and six are awesome, in addition to the one I liked on FB. What a gorgeous lake. :)
I was really excited that my "idea" late last night (I got out of bed to see if my directions were right) worked and the lake was at a good spot for sunrise! I usually have struggles with mountains in my way.

Nice shots! And the videos were really cute!

Where was that at in K'ville? Seems like a pretty place and I don't recognize it.
It's in Oak Ridge, just off Edgemoor...Melton Lake Park I think...or Melton something.

I love them! Especially the sunrise ones. Gorgeous!
Thank you! :)

Members online