Cheap cheap soft crates?

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
So I'm looking for a really cheapo soft crate. Megan might have one for me, but if she doesn't then I need to start looking!

I just need something that I can haul along when Frodo comes along to friend's houses. He doesn't try to get out of them or roll them or anything anymore, so it can be the cheapest of the cheap quality (I'm thinking the kind with no supports, that dogs roll around the floor, lol). The breaking down/hauling/setting up routine of his regular crate is getting old really fast. It's heavy and annoying, lol.

I'm going to check like WalMart and FleetFarm and such, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any good deals on one?

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Yeah, the one FG167 posted is pretty much as cheap as they come. I got mine for ~$12 from the grocery store about two years ago. Granted I can't actually use mine because they hamsterball it if I walk away, but yeah lol.

If you decide to go a bit more sturdy in hopes that you can use it for your puppy when she's older, the guardian gear ones from Petedge are pretty cheap, or DogDiggs at Odd Lots...the 36" version is $50, but they also have a smaller version that is maybe $25. Not sure if it's big enough for Frodo though.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
The Petnation ones at Walmart are actually really nice - I believe they are manufactured by the same folks as Noz2Noz, but definitely an off-brand. My Petnation soft crates have served me well, even if they do look stupid with their little bone-shaped windows. ;)

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
The Petnation ones at Walmart are actually really nice - I believe they are manufactured by the same folks as Noz2Noz, but definitely an off-brand. My Petnation soft crates have served me well, even if they do look stupid with their little bone-shaped windows. ;)
I can never find them bigger than 30" :'(

Though 30" would probably work great for Frodo :)

MicksMom

I got mine back in the day, from Walmart...THIS one
I have that one, too. The hardest thing is getting the hang of twisting it back up. LOL I used to use it for rally & Nosework classes until Caleb was given a Noz2Noz. Now I keep it in my "emergency supply" box in my truck.

ETA- I saw them online someplace recently. I think it was either SitStay or Clean Run.

Last edited:

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I've found the little pop up cheapies at Target as well. They run short for the length but of course that's not an issue with a corgi... LOL

For a sturdier soft crate, I love the EliteField one I have from amazon - $60 for a 36" and very nice quality!

I'm testing out a tent from Mighty Mite in the next few weeks but it doesn't qualify as cheap, just easier to tote.

Members online