Should we be preparing for Zombies? This one might be an early sign...

yoko

I maybe a horrible person but if someone has me on the ground and they are naked and chewing my face off I hope whoever comes to help me doesn't take the time to save or spare the person EATING MY FACE.

Seriously there comes a time when I don't feel bad for people any more and I think when my face is being eaten that might be the 'over the line' thing that just makes me not care. I don't feel bad for the guy that got shot and I wouldn't feel bad for him even if they beat him off with a bat. Seriously.

Pops2

Yes seriously..... A) I take articles with a huge spoon of salt - remember, news isn't written to inform people of things going on and B) how do you reckon countries where cops without guns manage things..?
you mean like britain? well the cops w/o guns call the cops w/ guns. which may be a guy w/ a pistol or it may be the guy w/ the MP5 submachine gun (like the guy i saw standing in the airport).
or do you mean japan? there the guys w/ guns are the rookies. as they increase their proficiency in martial arts they get the option of giving up the gun. they still carry a 3.5-4 ft long flexible stick. the JP to truly fear are the ones not carrying a gun or the long stick. they handle things by applying what in the USA would be called excessive force.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I maybe a horrible person but if someone has me on the ground and they are naked and chewing my face off I hope whoever comes to help me doesn't take the time to save or spare the person EATING MY FACE.

Seriously there comes a time when I don't feel bad for people any more and I think when my face is being eaten that might be the 'over the line' thing that just makes me not care. I don't feel bad for the guy that got shot and I wouldn't feel bad for him even if they beat him off with a bat. Seriously.
:hail:

I admit I do think cops here are often too trigger happy. However, in this case, as its currently being reported, yeah, I am ok with it. I thought to myself last night, if my son was the face eater would I be ok with it? I hope my answer would be yes, it would hurt and suck but the situation is crazy extreme. If my son was getting his face eaten I am sure I would be ok with it

Laurelin

I'm All Ears

Yeah that.

Such a weird story!

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
Firstly. Gross!!!

Secondly. Tazering would have shut him down. It causes muscle spasms. Shooting, especially with a .22 CAN go right through.
First off Agreed. Secondly - tasering doesn't always work nor do all police forces issue them. Maybe it's just police forces here but I'm pretty sure most don't use .22's as duty weapons.

Lastly naked dude chewing another dude's face off - can we forgo the paperwork and just wait to see how much PCP the guy was on?

filarotten

Fila the love
I'm thinking more like a hungry werewolf. I guess they have to eat also. Hope the cop used a silver bullet. ;)

Seriously tho...gags. ewww. creepy. disgusting.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
First off Agreed. Secondly - tasering doesn't always work nor do all police forces issue them. Maybe it's just police forces here but I'm pretty sure most don't use .22's as duty weapons.

Lastly naked dude chewing another dude's face off - can we forgo the paperwork and just wait to see how much PCP the guy was on?
Oh, I would have shot the living sh*t out of him too. I'm not faulting the cop at all. I think he is a hero. I was addressing the comment of if one shot didn't stop him then a tazer wouldn't.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
you mean like britain? well the cops w/o guns call the cops w/ guns. which may be a guy w/ a pistol or it may be the guy w/ the MP5 submachine gun (like the guy i saw standing in the airport).
or do you mean japan? there the guys w/ guns are the rookies. as they increase their proficiency in martial arts they get the option of giving up the gun. they still carry a 3.5-4 ft long flexible stick. the JP to truly fear are the ones not carrying a gun or the long stick. they handle things by applying what in the USA would be called excessive force.
Not like any or either, or maybe like them all.

We have armed police, theyre just rare..... There must be what.... 20 people shot and killed by police in the last DECADE here? I don't know the stats to be honest, but its around that.

Eta, found stats. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...aw_enforcement_officers_in_the_United_Kingdom

Guess people just can't accept there's other ways of dealing with things.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Yes seriously..... A) I take articles with a huge spoon of salt - remember, news isn't written to inform people of things going on and B) how do you reckon countries where cops without guns manage things..?

Deranged or not.... Now we'll never really have a clue.

Eta - I AM out there doing it. Just not law enforcement. I work in a public sector job with peopled lives making decisions about people every single day.... I risk assess, that's my job. To hopefully save people from harm.... Does that qualify me for an opinion?
No that really doesn't compare to having to try to stop murders in the process.

I think we have a pretty good clue as to whether this person was deranged or not. he WAS naked and eating a guys face (a guy who was still alive). I just really can't fault an officer for coming up on a scene like that and not thinking "hmmm what would be the best way to save this guy eating the other guys face but also save the victim... well I could try this... or this" No I think I would be like OMG Get him off of that guy by any means nessecary

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
No that really doesn't compare to having to try to stop murders in the process.

I think we have a pretty good clue as to whether this person was deranged or not. he WAS naked and eating a guys face (a guy who was still alive). I just really can't fault an officer for coming up on a scene like that and not thinking "hmmm what would be the best way to save this guy eating the other guys face but also save the victim... well I could try this... or this" No I think I would be like OMG Get him off of that guy by any means nessecary
What means did he try before using his gun? Maybe I missed the part where he was forced to shoot first. Yes yes, he was biting a man's face, I DID get that bit.

Eta - how do we know this was a murder in process? Maybe the guy was naked because the other one tried to sexually assault him, he got mad and chewed his face off?? Then by US law HE was defending himself by any means necessary.......

Just saying.

Grab

While I do think that some officers can overreact in many instances, a man refusing to stop eating pieces of another man's face and, I believe, gouging out his eyes, is not in that category, imo. If the officer had spent who knows how long trying other methods, that might have failed, and the victim had died, people would complain that they didn't take steps to stop it sooner.

Barbara!

I agree that maybe something else should have been tried first. I mean, he didn't automatically know that the man wouldn't stop. So a quick mace or taze or something of the sort should have been used first. And then when he didn't stop, the gun. I do not think the gun should have been the first resort weapon...I do not praise cops for being trigger happy. Yes, he was eating a mans face, but he could have been mentally ill or unstable (well, obviously he is) and I don't think a bullet should have been the very first thing to be tried...that is still another man and another life, regardless if he is a cannibal....

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
While I do think that some officers can overreact in many instances, a man refusing to stop eating pieces of another man's face and, I believe, gouging out his eyes, is not in that category, imo. If the officer had spent who knows how long trying other methods, that might have failed, and the victim had died, people would complain that they didn't take steps to stop it sooner.
Exactly this.

No where in US law does it say that if someone attacks you you can then start to consume their body parts. Even still... Self defense is what normal people would do... EATING people is not the sign of a stable human being. Then ading in that the first shot didn't affect the guy what so ever and he continued to eat his victims face, not the sign of a stable human being.

The officer has a duty to protect the victim but ALSO keep himself safe. Approaching the man and engaging in hand to hand combat could have very likely ended up gravely for the officer in question and I can't fault him for thinking about preserving his own well being as well as the guy who was being EATEN

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Did you know the victim was also naked?

Don't people enjoy thinking outside the box?? Or is it all just automatic response....

yoko

Members online

No members online now.