A few birthdays!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
We've had some birthdays these past few months, I've just been so busy I haven't been able to post a Happy Birthday! thread until just now. And since it seems like so many of the babies are spring babies, I'm just going to get them all out in one thread! lol

First was Dameon. He turned six years old in January. Unfortunately, he isn't doing so well now. His energy level is dropping, he hasn't put any of the weight back on that he lost (and he may have even dropped a bit again), and he's needing his meds more frequently now to keep him stable. But, he still has spunk and still gets in to all kinds of trouble with little miss Rinnie. He had me worried for a few days because he started to spit out his meds and I couldn't figure out why, as he used to just slurp it up. Turns out the flavoring added to it was switched to cherry instead of grape and he is NOT fond of cherry. So now I mix some ferretone in with it and he laps it up happily, silly goober.
Happy birthday, Dameron!

Baby Dameon:

Around two:

Just the other night:

Next is Chloe, who turned five years old March 10th. She's finally lost the weight I wanted her to loose (whoohoo!), and I'm hoping I can keep it off of her. Now, a funny story to tell about her:
She loves my boyfriend and gets super excited to see him whenever he comes over. She also LOVES to wrestle with him. Well, my sister had one of her guy friends stop by one evening and Chloe met them at the door. She was happy to see my sister and happy to see strange-new-person, so she was bouncing around and barking and woofing. Nate thought it was funny, so he started mimicking her barking and bouncing around. Unbeknownst to him, that is what Mike does when he wrestles with her. ROFL Chloe immediately went into spazz play mode and launched herself at him while growling like a fiend (how she plays with Mike - she is very physical and vocal, but isn't aggressive). She caught Nate off guard, so she knocked him over onto the ground and started to jump around on top of him, still growling and playbowing, trying to get him to play. He, of course, freaked out and was trying to push her away (which was egging her on) yelling, "Get the crazy dog off of me!!" My sister, meanwhile, was just dying of laughter because she knew he unwittingly told her to start playing. She got Chloe to knock it off, but I don't think Nate was so amused. LOL

Just goes to show how far she's come - before she wouldn't have tolerated a strange man to come into the house, let alone bark at her. Now she thinks young men are the best.thing.ever. (Thank you, Mike. Bet you didn't know the reason I let you wrestle with her is so she would associate someone being physical with her with good things! LOL)

Happy Birthday, The Stupid Fuzzy. I can't believe it has been five years since I brought you home. You definitely still keep me on my toes!

Baby Chloe:

Chloe at a year:

Chloe now:

*one more*

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Apollo also just celebrated his second birthday. It's hard for me to believe that two years ago I brought him home as this itty bitty baby. Now he's a big baby - he's grown from a 4oz bottle baby to a 14lb polartic panther without a lick of fat on him. He's a handsome boy and spoiled rotten, and he knows it. He also believes it is his duty to destroy anyone who comes to the house that isn't one of the family...most cats hide from visitors. He stalks them and growls at them whenever they move. LOL After ten months he FINALLY accepts Mike into the house without too much fuss. (Course, Mike picks on him all of the time, so that may have been why it took so long...)

Happy Birthday, 'sa baby. <3

Baby Apollo:

Adolescent Apollo:

Now:

<3 Love my babies.

Members online

No members online now.