Neighbor's boxer causes dogfight in my backyard!

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I let my dogs out back with their electric fence collars on so that they could pee and we could play some frisbee. Next door the neighbor kids were playing with the kids from down the street. The kids from down the street had their boxer dog, Foxy, in the yard with them. Foxy runs over into my back yard, sniffs my dogs, and proceeds to attack Benji! :eek: Daisy then went at Foxy to protect Benji. They are going at it and I ran over and grabbed Daisy's collar. Daisy had a death grip on the back of Foxy's neck. I used my foot to seperate them (in the madness I completely forgot about the hose by the wall...). After being seperated from Daisy, Foxy proceeded to attack Benji again! One of the kids ran over to get Foxy, and I yelled, "Stay away, stay away!" because I didn't want them to get bit accidently by either their dog or mine. I somehow got Benji away from Foxy (all this time still holding on to Daisy's collar so she doesn't go back at Foxy again) and we stood there in the yard catching our breath for a second. I put my dogs in the house and one of the kids took Foxy back to their house.

In a few minutes me and my dogs came back outside and we played frisbee and they used the bathroom. I think I was a lot more shaken up than they were!

This is the second time now we've had an incident with Foxy. The first time was when I was walking my dogs and Foxy was with the kids at the bus stop. She came over, sniffed my dogs, and went after Benji. I was able to get my dogs away without a problem because they were on leashes, and Foxy doesn't go far from the kids.

I am not letting them out in the electric fence without me being out there. EVER. My dad thinks we will once they are used to it, but I REFUSE to. I don't want to come home to little Benji peices everywhere!

My sister and I are going to talk with those neighbors. This is not a safe situation! :mad: :(

Oh yeah, and nobody was injured. I thank God for that. :hail:

Sasroc

does council rangers = animal control?

According to this: Dangerous Dog Ordinance

their dog would be considered a dangerous dog!
With problems like this we have to see our shire/council rangers to put in a complaint.Im not sure what you do over your way.But yes,what that Boxer has done does put it into the dangerous dog catagory.It needs to be reported before a child or another dog gets seriously hurt.:)

Nothing is foolproof in stopping a fight, not the hose and not pepper spray. Not even tasers. Its especially scary when you're the only adult there, and triply scary when there are more than 2 dogs involved. I'm glad eveyrbody is okay. Let us know how it goes with the neighbors.

elegy

overdogged
very very scary. i'm so glad nobody was hurt. i tell you, when mushroom got attacked and i was faced with a three-way dog fight, it was scary as anything and it took literally DAYS until my body relaxed.

i'd definitely contact the authorities, let them know what happened, and file a report. just get it on record that it happened, that way it's there if you need it.

Members online