Does it make anyone else furious

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
When people judge you for loving your dogs?

There is a guy in my office who doesn't have dogs, doesn't like dogs and feels that I give my dogs too much.
He is constantly going on about how my dogs sleep in my bed and how that is disgusting. I fail to see how my clean dogs sharing the bed with me is disgusting. They are bathed weekly, are clean and house trained.

He also thinks that dogs should remain outside only. It makes me irrationally angry. He has 4 kids and I almost feel like telling him that kids are dirtier and not as well behaved as my dogs, but with people like that it is best to ignore them.

He said something about my dogs in my bed again this morning and I just told him to relax about it because it doesn't affect him in the slightest.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I have "family" that says it. She keeps her Akita either in a crate in the kitchen or in a 5'x10' run in the backyard. She won't let him run or play with him or anything because he could tear something by running... Riiiight.

She goes on every christmas about how i'm so disgusting to have my dogs even in my room let alone my bed and how they're so untrained and i should crate them or put them outside when i'm gone... Right... And she knows i work at a health food store for pets and actually came in and bitched about how much of a rip off we are and how our food is nothing different than Alpo and Mainstays... RIIIIIGHT.

I blew up at her once, my brother got really mad at me and gave me several bruises and a black eye. I just ignore her now and glare at her.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
No, because they just make themselves look like giant asses and that's good enough for me. :) And yeah... kids are 1000x dirtier than dogs, I'd rather have four dogs vs. four kids. lol

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
The thing is, Trav is bathed once a week at least and wiped down daily because he pees on himself. Lilly is usually bathed once every two weeks. Riley, we will see. So I fail to see how it is dirty.
But this is the same man who says a person chooses to be gay and should just make themselves straight because it is disgusting.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Ah yeah, that is someone that would be put on "ignore" in my mind and I'd pretend like he didn't even exist- no time for people like that!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
lol I hate it when people say things like that

but its easy with people with kids
"I love my dog and he sleeps with me because unlike your kids, the worst thing he has ruined is a pair of my shoes"
then you look her up and down lol
guaranteed you'll never hear a peep out of her again

its vague, it doesn't mean your insulting or really directly starting drama. but its vague enough that he/she will assume the most hurtful insult lol this comment is a ninja, im telling you.

works for guys 2 lol

I'd just tell them i'm thankful every day they don't have to live with me and my dogs, but really, I don't care what others say. I'm completely happy with my dogs and how I raise them.

I tell 'em that my dogs have already kept someone from breaking into my home twice -- that I know of because I was there, and that Kharma's cleared my end of the neighborhood of prowlers, that I can go anywhere I want late at night, and that I can sleep at night without getting up to check every strange noise.

Bear once woke me up because there was a leak in the roof that was over a floor outlet; water got into the outlet and there was a trickle of smoke coming out of it. He smelled it and alerted me out of a sound sleep.

Now . . . what was that you were saying about my dogs?

Romy

Taxiderpy
No, because they just make themselves look like giant asses and that's good enough for me. :) And yeah... kids are 1000x dirtier than dogs, I'd rather have four dogs vs. four kids. lol
Amen. We have three dogs and the only one who has ever peed on the carpet is our daughter. :rolleyes:

I never understood all those people who say they need a dog to guard their stuff, and then they keep the dog out in the yard where all their stuff isn't. My MIL is like that.

Of course, after giving me tons of crap about having indoor dogs she recently got a new dog since her kids all moved out and ZOMG! It's a house dog! :eek:

lizzybeth727

but its easy with people with kids
"I love my dog and he sleeps with me because unlike your kids, the worst thing he has ruined is a pair of my shoes"
then you look her up and down lol
guaranteed you'll never hear a peep out of her again

its vague, it doesn't mean your insulting or really directly starting drama. but its vague enough that he/she will assume the most hurtful insult lol this comment is a ninja, im telling you.
OMG Fran, that's HORRIBLE! :nono:

MPP

petperson
How about, "Glad I sleep with my dogs and not you. They're cleaner, smarter, and 'way more fun to be around."

People say I care to much.
Now granted he doesnt even sleep on my bed or furniture.

But We plan vacations around him. Such as camping this weekend, had to find a dog friendly place for 3 dogs (lucky my best friend is just as dog crazy, I have converted her haha and she is coming. so Blaze a great dane and a chihuahua all camping lol)

That I worry over what he eats, his vet his weight ect.

That I actually take my dog out every day rain or shine I'm crazy. I always say no what would be crazy is keeping him indoors 24+ hours. he would drive me nuts.

All my friends just think Im dog crazy. I work with dogs. I own a dog. I talk about dogs ect lol

bubbatd

My senior friends think I'm crazy !!! Those that don't have dogs just don't understand . Ollie is my life pulse .

Members online