Can I get your opinion on this ordinance?

stafinois

Professional Nerd
http://www.cityofspiritlake.org/pdfs/dogs-and-wild-animals-ordinance.pdf

Well, obviously it sucks! But, this IS a step up, as this town used to have an outright ban on the breed. I do not live in this town, but it is near me.

My question is, would you feel comfortable, as a non-resident, bringing your dog muzzled to an event here? This town has some cool dog friendly events, and in a town that hasn't seen many Pit Bulls at all as they have been banned for years (and aren't even that popular here in the first place), it might be nice for people to see friendly Pit Bulls out in public.

As a side note, Grant is likely to start making headlines soon in this town's paper. We are planning on starting a "Reading to Dogs" program at the library. It will actually be a "Read to Grant" program, as he is the only dog involved. The town my library is in shares a paper with this town. Since we are the place that spawned Dewey the Library Cat, the local media is going to eat this alive. Dewey was constantly front page news, and I'm sure Grant will be as well.

BlackPuppy

Owned by Belgians
I wouldn't have a problem.

I would have my dog CGC and ATTS tested and buy a CGC bandana for the dog to wear. They also sell patches, tags, t-shirst and a bunch of other stuff. Then if anybody asks you can just point out that your dog is a CGC. I've heard that the ATTS test can be used as evidence in court.

You might even get your guy therapy dog tested, while you're at it.

BTW, Harry is very handsome. I'm partial though.

stafinois

Professional Nerd
I wouldn't have a problem.

I would have my dog CGC and ATTS tested and buy a CGC bandana for the dog to wear. They also sell patches, tags, t-shirst and a bunch of other stuff. Then if anybody asks you can just point out that your dog is a CGC. I've heard that the ATTS test can be used as evidence in court.

You might even get your guy therapy dog tested, while you're at it.

BTW, Harry is very handsome. I'm partial though.

Grant was already certified through TDI. I'm working on getting him re-certified now. Argh, paperwork! But I didn't renew him last year since we had a new baby.

Harry says thank you.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I would say it depends on the dog. If the dog is comfortable wearing the muzzle and also being around lots of people/dogs/running screaming kids etc. then fine. Otherwise I might not because a dog in a muzzle might be more likely to act like a moron (barking, jumping, being nervous etc.) at the end of his leash because he would feel more vulnerable.

Members online

No members online now.