when will duke

chilled

hi my dog is now 4 months old, male and is still not lifting his leg up to go to wee he goes o wee like a felmale.
what age will he start doing it???

Susi

up with the leg

Hi Chilled,

dont worry, it will come. My friends dog took absolutely ages (7-8 months) before he could lift his leg for a wee. Some are earlier some even later. But apart from that, I have a female Rigdgeback and she can wee with her leg lifted even higher then her doggie male friend Chui.

Susi, Ashiki and Charu

bubbatd

Chip ( neutered ) mostly squats but will lift his leg to marks another dog's pee....my females did too. It's fun to watch 3 or 4 mark as each has to go higher than the last.

aurorab

My husband breed and raised boxers and the boys that stayed and grew up w/ the girls never lifted their legs (un altered males), Guess they learned from the girls to squat and continued to do it b/c everyone else did. I was suprised that they weren't altered and still squated.... ???? Has anyone else had this where males were raised w/ females and not altered and still squated?

ohmai

I don't think I've ever seen my male GSD lift his leg when peeing in all the 5 years I've had him.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I think I've seen my male Aussie lift his leg once and that was after he saw another dog do it right in front of him. Otherwise he just squats...and he's only been neutered for about 2 months (since ARPH took him in).

skyhigh

My dog was sterilized about a year ago. He never squats. He just stands there and spreds his legs apart. :rolleyes: He sometimes lifts his leg when another dog was there before him. I guess all dogs are different.

Skyhigh

skyhigh said:
My dog was sterilized about a year ago. He never squats. He just stands there and spreds his legs apart. :rolleyes: He sometimes lifts his leg when another dog was there before him. I guess all dogs are different.

Skyhigh
Unless Hunter is marking something, he stretches out and pees like a male horse :rolleyes:

Ash47

Taco Dog
Spud spreads his legs and lowers his back end to the ground to pee. Roxy lifts her leg a little towards the front. Kinda like she squats and then brings her right leg up towards her face. LOL She wants to make sure she doesn't get any pee on her!

Members online