Figured I finally better say hello

SharkyX

Back of the Pack
Well I've been posting and lurking here for a bit so I figured I'd finally actually write out my hello.
I was introduced to this forum by SummerRiot, and if you see her referencing Tim, or theres a guy (who apparently doesn't smile enough) in her pictures with he, he is me (And rather happy about that!)

I have a pair of Alaskan Huskies with whom I skijor... although not as much as I'd like due to lack of snow.
My first dog, Princess, comes to me by way of the Ottawa Humane Society. She is one of mnay dogs that they get in from Iqualuit that have escaped from there owners and were running at large. She had probably lived her first year of life in Iqualuit in a survival of the fittest type setting and then the next 6 months or so in the shelter in Gatineau and then in Ottawa until I adopted her at approx. 1.5 years old. When I got her she already responded to the name Princess so I decided to leave it, to make the transition slightly easier for her.
She is now 3.

My second dog, Tyr, comes from a kennel about 18 hours north of me and I bought him based on his fathers track record for producing excellent lead dogs. His breeding, unlike Princess' was on purpose and very well planned and the differences between them on the trail are very evident just how much of a difference the breedings make. Tyr is a character from Norse mythology, he is the god of courage and war.
He is 10 months old.

They both love there jobs, and as an added bonus it keeps them in good physical shape.

I(my names Tim incase you forgot while I was rambling) love dogs and I like the outdoors. I'm a firm believer that dogs need a job, as for the last several thousand years they have always had a job around the house. Of course the jobs have changed to things like obedience, conformation, agility and so on, but none the less I think they need that to help complete there day.
I like to camp, hike and roller blade and find myself spending a fair bit of time in the gym training for a skijoring season that hasn't really happened so far this year due to a lack of snow.

anyways I should get back to work but just thought after having been here for a couple weeks now, should finally officially say hello :p

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Welcome to the forums, Tim! :D

You really remind me of my friend, Chris, I think you're his secret identical twin! :p

Your dogs are beautiful and I look forward to more pictures (hint, hint) and reading more stories about them! :)

Senna

Welcome to chaz looking forward to more pics and im sure youll love it here

Members online

No members online now.