The Venting Thread

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I get these from time to time if its the same thing, it's called pilonidal cyst but really is an abscess. Soak in a tub, as hot water as you can bear. If that doesn't help you'll probably need to go to the doctor sooner rather than later before the infection spreads into the bloodstream.
If there was a cyst, would I notice a bump, or would it feel painful to touch?

Bleh. On top of it all, my GI tract is saying NO to the corn pops I ate this morning, and I'm crampy. I'm just full of loveliness today.

DenoLo

If there was a cyst, would I notice a bump, or would it feel painful to touch?

Bleh. On top of it all, my GI tract is saying NO to the corn pops I ate this morning, and I'm crampy. I'm just full of loveliness today.
You may or may not notice a bump, i always do but I don't think I did the first time. it'd be very painful to the touch though and probably red.

*blackrose

You may or may not notice a bump, i always do but I don't think I did the first time. it'd be very painful to the touch though and probably red.
I'm not noticing any pain to touch (the pressure actually feels kind of good), so that's good at least.

Need to go in for my yearly physical anyway...may as well have everything looked at in one fell swoop.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Rick's grandmother opted not to pay her bills and now we have no internet/phone/cable.

Electricity is probably next.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I'm not noticing any pain to touch (the pressure actually feels kind of good), so that's good at least.

Need to go in for my yearly physical anyway...may as well have everything looked at in one fell swoop.
You may have jolted your tailbone out of alignment. I've had to get mine adjusted a few times, especially if I go to sitting long spells at a time.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I've had a pilonidal cyst before... er... 6 years ago or so? It still flares up sometimes minorly but it was like... a day of minor pain then all of a sudden intense pain so bad I couldn't sit or lie down on my back or anything. I rolled over on it then jolted myself awake because it was throbbing so bad. It is a very gross story but lets just say it started unexpectedly draining.

Grossest most painful thing ever.

But after it drained it was much much better. Still could not sit straight for the better part of a week. I hear most people have to go to the doctor to get them lanced and drained. :eek:

In the last 10 minutes I have completely unexpectedly gotten my period at work because I counted/guesstimated its ETA incorrectly, and had to euthanize one of my very first, sweetest, and longest-standing acupuncture patients. I kind of hate this day.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I was throwing out an old rusty ferret cage ramp, and it was sitting in a half-full garbage bag that was by the back door waiting to go to the shed once it was full. This morning on my way to let Finn out, dumb bint me kicked it. Hard. Right against the bones on the top of my right foot.

It hurts to move it and looks like there's the start of a bad bruise. I'm positive I didn't break anything, but d**n there will be a big bruise. Ouch.

*blackrose

My dad is on a "Get rid of all outdoor cats" kick. :(

Apollo and Mikey are in the clear because they're dumb boys who spend 75% of their time in the house anyway and they're not active hunters.

P, Lilly, and Mitzi, however, are all "killing his birds".

Here's hoping he gets over it and isn't serious about it, because trying to find a safe outdoor home for them is going to be very hard. And while Mitzi may be able to adapt to a quiet, indoor/outdoor type home, Lilly cannot be inside (she gets stressed and urinates everywhere - we tried to find her an indoor home once) and P is just an old, shy lady who doesn't deserve to be uprooted. She's at least 9 or 10 by now. Ugh.

And I always hate rehoming outdoor cats, because you never know what will spoke them and cause them to head for the hills, never to be seen again. Ugh ugh ugh.

Really hope he isn't serious.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
UGH... I may not be returning to my job in the fall. I have a lot to think about. Background, I work as a teachers assistant at a preschool two mornings a week... It was known off the bat that I homeschool and Hannah had to come with me, which is not a problem.

The teacher that I work with has been having difficulty this year in the class room like not showing up on time, doing the bare minimum with the kids, and her patience are running very short. I have felt for some time now that she has been taking her frustrations out on Hannah a lot, she loses patience with the other kids a lot too but since Hannah isn't actually a student that is paying to be there... maybe she's the safe choice. I don't know.

Let me just say that I have NO problem with someone else correcting Hannah if it's deserved but lately it's not been deserved the majority of the time and I can see that it's really starting to crush Hannah's spirit.

for example today, it was craft time and Hannah asked if she could work on her craft (since she's older she does most of her craft independently) and the teachers response was "NO YOU MAY NOT, I don't have time for you today and I didn't make one for you so you don't get to do the craft" and it was really in a tone that was not called for at all. A simple "We are running short on time today and I don't have enough supplies for you to do the craft today. Sorry about that" would have been fine and Hannah would have been like Meh Ok and skipped off to play. Instead she was completely bitchy and just RUDE and it almost seemed like she was TRYING to hurt her feelings. BUT I figured I was just being sensitive and brushed it off (this was after about 4 other instances that morning).

then we were in kids town playing and there were some bikes and stuff. Hannah ended up smacking her knee on something and was crying and the teachers response was "Oh stop it. you're fine. go sit down" WHY treat a child like that? and then when she had calmed down and decided to go back and play, she got on one of the bikes and was minding her own business and the teacher then said "Gee Hannah... you might hit your knee again. Get off that bike" and it was very sarcastic. Hannah was really hurt about that and ended up just sitting alone in a chair the rest of the playtime. The first things I brushed off but that was very passive aggressive and just plain mean for no reason.

She's not overly nice to the other kids either to be honest.

I know the director had a talk with her about her recent downslide in the classroom on Friday and I'm wondering if the director mentioned something about her treatment of Hannah and the other kids because today was the worst it's EVER been.

I just don't know that I want to be a part of it anymore and I don't feel it's good for Hannah to be treated that way by someone she is supposed to trust and show respect to. There has been a few times that we've gotten home and Hannah has asked me "Mommy, what did I do wrong?" and I've told her that in that case she didn't do anything wrong... teacher is just having a tough day and I don't want to undermine her authority in the classroom but what am I supposed to do? One instance was when we were saying the pledge of allegiance during circle time... Hannah is usually at a table doing her independent work but she comes over to say the pledge (as she should) and this one day she walked over and wasn't there two seconds and the teacher said "Hannah... you need to go and sit down RIGHT NOW". I just can't understand it. If having her there is a problem... tell me and we'll go no problem. I don't know... it's never a problem when we fill in for the class the director teaches and the director doesn't treat any of the kids like that EVER.

Anyway... I'm sure that made no sense but I needed to get it off my chest.

Taqroy

I know the director had a talk with her about her recent downslide in the classroom on Friday and I'm wondering if the director mentioned something about her treatment of Hannah and the other kids because today was the worst it's EVER been.
Whoa. I would talk to the director before you make a decision - they can't do anything if they don't know there's a problem. I would be really angry if someone was treating my kid (or even someone else's kid) like that.

Members online

No members online now.