Hawaii Anyone?

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
So the plan is to go to Hawaii for New Year's Eve (take a night flight on December 30 and get there on the 31st) and stay for about a week. For now the family is looking at staying on Oahu half in Waikiki and half on the north shore. Other thoughts are going to the big island for a day too.

Anyway. Anything suggested as a just see/do? I want to learn to surf, take a ton of photos obviously, luau on NYE maybe?

Let's hear it.

noodlerubyallie

Sprayin' the spiders
Best luau in the islands is at the Grand Wailea hotel on Maui. Take a whale watching boat for humpbacks, fo sho. If you can, take a day trip to Maui and get to the top of Haleakala for sunrise and then take a hike into the volcano, and take a drive on the road to Hana. Hike Maui is a great company to contact for hiking on the island, and they'll drive for you so you can enjoy the incredible views. Snorkeling, if you can. The North Shore is perfect for surfing, not so much for swimming.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Awesome! You're going to have a fantastic time!

I haven't been to Hawaii since I was younger, but it's one of the places that Ian and I would like to eventually travel to.

Definitely do a volcano hike- the massive amounts of black lava is incredible. We spent a lot of time on the black sand beaches- I can't remember the particular one we went to, but it was much more secluded than most.

Oh yea- and Waikiki Beach, since you'll be there. It's not black sand, but it's gorgeous.

umterps97

I've been to Oahu and the Big Island. I like both of them, but on Oahu, you will definitely want to see things other than Waikiki. I think you have the right idea by staying there for a couple days and then moving on.

I recommend Kailua Beach for a great beach day...it's not very touristy, but it is beautiful! It's on the east side of the island.

If you can make it to the Big Island for a day or two, do it! The blank sand beaches are incredible, and Volcanoes Park is amazing. When we were there, the lava was flowing only a couple miles away from where you could reach with your car, so we hiked over all of the lava fields, and got right up next to the flowing lava!

Members online

No members online now.