A puppy day

• Thread starter RedyreRottweilers
  • Start date
R

RedyreRottweilers

Today I took Milton with me to work. The boys have been taking turns, alternating days on going with me in the van. Today was Milty's turn, and here is what a typical work day is like for the pup.

We usually load up about 8am in the van. Pup goes in his crate beside his mom, and off we go. It's about a 20 minute ride generally.

Today we had a later start than usual because the new water line was being dug/connected across the street. So Milton and I went over and he observed the heavy equipment and big trucks, and visited with 2 of the waterworks guys, and ate cookies. These are big guys in uniforms with hard hats. He was right at home. :D

Then we took a detour by my vet's office for a happy visit. Milton is 22 lbs, and spent about 10 minutes schmoozing with the staff.

When we arrive on the job site, Milt comes out for a potty break, and whoever I'm working with that day comes out to visit the pup. It could be one person, my sister in law, or it could be several different people depending on what if any workmen or service people we have on the property that day. (We turn rentals for my father's company). This morning it was one of our friends, Michelle who was there, and my brother. So he got visits from them, and then later my mother.

At lunch we left to run some errands. We visited the paint store (for no particular reason except a puppy visit) and in we went for a nice visit with the store manager, who has followed the puppies since Penny was pregnant.

Next we visited a local building supply store. At this store we went up some steps to get inside, where there are several resident cats. Lots of different people coming and going, so Milton got many visits with different people.

Then it's back to the job, and another potty break.

On the way home this afternoon we stopped by the local bank where the staff loved on little Milty. We walked around the lobby for a bit. Did a few sits in heel position with attention for cookies. And then he lay quietly for about 3-4 minutes in the lobby while I sat in a chair. Meanwhile, foot traffic goes by and people are being waited on. He was a perfect gent.

Then after we came home I took the 2 bigger boys around the block for a little on leash stroll. They had a wonderful time looking and sniffing and visiting with neighbors. Some days in the afternoon we work on stacking, or attention, or fun chase/retrieve games.

They had an early dinner and everyone is now out cold.

A typical day in the life of one of my puppies as they grow up and learn about the big world.

:D

R

RedyreRottweilers

hahaha PWC, I will see if I can get some tomorrow. It's Mikey's day tomorrow. :D

bubbatd

Great going !!! Hope the new owners are doing the same !!

R

RedyreRottweilers

No, I am in the US, NC to be exact. I have found that my well trained well mannered dogs are welcome in a variety of unexpected places. :D

Members online

No members online now.