gross...GROSS..question...

Debi

OK..object or not..I put the dogs out in the pen for a period of time each day. Sometimes it's to wash a floor, etc...whatever. Anyway...they pooh (how mature) sometimes. I clean the pen every day. When it is warm and damp...I sometimes see big beetles in the pooh. GAG...ICK...YUK... I clean them out as best I can...and I am fanatic about it. BLUCK!!! I've heard of 'dung beetles'........is this what they are???? What can I do to be rid of them?? OH..IT GROSSES ME OUT TO THE MAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We cleared trees from the pen area to expose it to more sunlight. (I heard that was good for flea problems, too....which I haven't had..but don't want!!!) If I asked this before........sorry, I do forget sometimes. HELP...I'm filled with YUK!!!! It isn't every day..just sometimes. :eek:

RD

Are you dead yet?
Ew, does sound like dung beetles to me.. I dunno if other beetles will "move in" to something like that.

Thankfully raw-fed dog doo around here dries up and is almost in dust form 45 minutes after it hits the ground. Gotta love a hot dry climate. LOL.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i was thinking that too Renee..dung beetles are a good bug.

Members online