look'n for a small dog

fonzes

I look'n for a small dog like a pomeranian, although all the poms i see all hav long hair which i dont like although i sapose i could just keep it so its hair is always pritty short so it dont look like a dog which has put its paw in the power-point lol. I just want something cute and will just sit round and sleep so i can sit on me pc with it on me lap :),

Going to a shelter and finding an adult dog is your best bet. No puppy in the world is going to be contented to lie on your lap, lol, but a grown dog, maybe four or five years old, would be your dog.

Remember, though, every dog, no matter how old or how complascent, needs exercise and care and some mental stimulation.

Agility23

My top 3 smaller dogs

1, Smooth faced Pyrenean sheepdog.
2, Beagle
3, English cocker spaniel

But they would suck for you lol all high energy

Try a yorkshire terrier,

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Have you tried petsaver.com or any of the rescues of the breeds you like?

Hmmmm....if you want a small dog that will just sit around all day with short hair.....I'd say French Bulldog. lol They aren't very active, they have short hair, and they are small.

Vickih

What about a Westie? My last dog was a Westie Mix, and although he liked a couple of good walks a day, he was very much a lap dog :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
old dogs make great quiet companions..dog fancy had a lovely article...give me a grizzled face...think how appriciated you would be!

I have a Pembroke Welsh COrgi and a mini Doxie. The Corgi is pretty high maintenience...has lot's of energy and is strong willed. The Doxie is great...he's very loyal, easy to care for, quiet...just a love!! :D

avenlee

My Westie, Nora, is a whole bunch of dog in a little body, but she loves to be cuddled. High energy which makes her personality very FUN FUN FUN but then can relax in your arms to cuddle. She is a barker though at ANYTHING that makes noise. But that just plays into her personality. My other dog, Cocker Spaniel (Sadie) is also a lovey dovey. But she is more medium build, and actually at the moment a porker! :D

Just remember, every dog is diffrent and will react to what you do. A little dog is not necessarily a more cuddlier (sp? lol) than a larger dog. Visit a local shelter and see what dog you connect with. You can't get any better with that :)

Last edited:
Denaluvscorgis said:
I have a Pembroke Welsh COrgi and a mini Doxie. The Corgi is pretty high maintenience...has lot's of energy and is strong willed. The Doxie is great...he's very loyal, easy to care for, quiet...just a love!! :D
You drew the quiet Doxie, eh, Dena? I've known people who had Doxies that were live wires - which made sense when you remember that they used to go down badger holes after quarry! Any dog that will go after a badger like that is one tough, brave, game dog! :eek:

Khristine

just because i have 2 small ones :) .. Oreo is a Yorkie/Pomeranian mix.. his hair is fluffy, and doesn't grow so long lol.. and Ginger is pure Yorkie.. they are both nice pups that sit in my lap.. but they can be extremely hyper!!! and nosey at that..

they are great companions, but so is every other dog i've had the opportunity to meet, spend time with. my top choices out of experience for a small dog would be, Yorkshire terrier, Pomeranian & Maltese! :p

petfinder.com is great also! i've given that site to many of my friends whom adopted from there, so good luck and i hope you find the right one!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
yorkies seem to be the older woman dog of choice lately..i see these sweet old widows everywhere with one on a leash..in their bag at the store..amazed me how many old woman brought them up to have their pic taken with santa too..thought it lovely that they did that
wonder if their is a yorkie rescue? Bet there are some old women living those dogs when they leave this earth...i told Jim when he had cancer that he should put Garg and Annie on a list for adoption..i couldn't take them because Bronki hated Garg and i can only have two anyway. Those lists are out there, i know they are. He didn't do it and left those two dogs in the same dire straits he left me. It was wrong of him...he just didn't think that he would die from his cancer and didn't prepare. Many people do tho..you might find a nice little already trained dog out there that is past the hyper toddler stage and is ready to settle down in your lap as you want!

Khristine

I was trying to look for a yorkie rescue, because a few of my friends wanted to adopt a yorkie and there weren't any in the shelter.. but they are doing some research right now.. i told them about petfinder.com so hopefully that helps!

by the way i'm not an old lady! but i love yorkie terriers! and i too put them in my purse lol.. :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
they are a lovely little dog that i have never had the experience to work with..kennels i worked at were all big and at the groomers they paired me with the bigguns too..lucky me

Khristine

For the next addition to my family, we are going to adopt a big dog! im excited.. i don't mind any breed, i just want a big dog.. so i can use him as my pillow lol jk.. i hope ginger and oreo won't be too freaked out lol!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
beeee careful..my mom had an italian greyhound..tossed the cat off the table and it landed on her little dog and broke poor midgy's pelvis. i had a big dog and a little dog..but were raised together..a big puppy would be the same size as your dolls..they are the sweetest little guys i have ever seen!

Staff online

Members online