Summer winding down - your dogs thoughts?

Katalin:

"Good riddance, no more sweaty walks, overheating, sticky coats, or nasty bugs flying in my face - what does a girl have to do for some nuclear winter??"

JacksonsMom

I think Jackson is over the summer.... he's not even as into the pool this past week, just more 'mehhh' about it and he's a FREAK over the pool. He's ready for fall, definitely. We get a lot more outdoor time when it's not hot and humid.

BostonBanker

Meg will be bummed. She loves summer, and hates the cold. No more lounging on the grass in the sun. No more frog hunting.

Gusto doesn't care. He loves every season. Summer is a blast for hiking and swimming and swimming and hiking. He loves the snow just as much.

JPuckett1989

Slowly but surely......
Sadie loves the cold, especially the snow, on the off chance we get some down here. She gets over heated fast when it's 95% and 85% humidity outside and shes black.

Snark

Mutts to you
Murph and Mick love the cold weather (they hide in the air conditioning for most of the summer) while Riley is usually oblivious to temperature until he's done running like a crazy dog, then he definitely prefers cooler weather to lying around panting.

I'm ready for cooler weather so we can get back to scootering on the weekends. Got new tires on the scooter, so we're ready to go! Riley was all excited when I pulled the scooter out of the van, then got sad when I put it back in the barn.

Doberluv

Chulita and Jose`tell me they like summer a lot. They love lounging on the grass in the sun. They even search the house for a sunny spot on the floor somewhere. These Mexicans have it in their genes to love some summer heat. And here, there were only a very few days of excessive heat. Most of the time, it's very pleasant temps. In fact the extended forecast is for low to upper 70's. I'm not really ready for winter, even though winters here are pretty mild as are summers. They're just long, cloudy and drizzly a lot of the time. Fall is usually exceptionally nice here.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
It's SoCal... I warned them this was it, forever. They seem ok with it, but I'll be happier when we can hike without burning off paw pads...

CaliTerp07

I have a sad, sad, little doggie. Summer ending meaning school's starting, so I go back to teaching full time Tuesday. No more day trips to play agility, no more time for trials, no more hiking to the creek, no more having someone to play with all day long.

We're going to be back in the zone of "1 walk per day and 1 agility class per week" :(

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
We are both (im)patiently waiting for the summer weather to go away.

I don't know if Juno really cares one way or another, but summer ending and cooler weather starting means that I am much more willing to take part in outdoor activities. Which she enjoys.

Evening walks probably won't happen much, since it'll be dark earlier, but if it's not miserable during the day then that means we don't need them!

Toller_08

The Dobermans are with me in that they're very sad summer is coming to an end. We all live for summer!

Dance really probably doesn't care. She's the most comfortable in spring and fall. Not too hot, and not too cold. She herself fairs well in the cold, but her little feet do not. And she's always panting in the summer. But she likes it. No matter the weather, she loves to be outside.

Members online